[REMOVE ADS]

Any One Who Hears This Recording [[Knows What I'm Going Through)

Following up on the recent release of The Supremes' I HEAR A SYMPHONY - EXPANDED EDITION, is there a definitive word on who's really singing back-up on ANY GIRL IN LOVE? I was always certain it was Flo and Mary, possibly Diana, too. But after hearing the similarity to the back-up on Kim Weston's version, I'm no longer sure. Was I wrong all these years to think it was Flo, Mary, and Diana? The harmonizing on that recording, to me, is what makes it so special. It was a perfect blend. And it produced a mesmerizing sound.

ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW [[and Know What I'm Going Through)?

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  21.1 KB
    I always thought the girls backing up Kim Weston were The Andantes.

Could Kim's version be the real question? Could her back-up be by Flo, Mary, and Diana at an earlier time, then re-used for Diana's lead version?

The notes in the WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO 40th anniversary set mention that Diana alone recorded the song, using the same track and background vocals that Kim used.

The Andantes striked again!

It's the Andantes on both versions. No Mary, Flo, or Diana in the background. This is an example of a song that confuses people into thinking if it's the Supremes or the Andantes. Sounds very similar to another song that has been debated recently regarding the background vocals. Compare the two songs' background vocals. They are very similar in sound.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    It's the Andantes on both versions. No Mary, Flo, or Diana in the background. This is an example of a song that confuses people into thinking if it's the Supremes or the Andantes. Sounds very similar to another song that has been debated recently regarding the background vocals. Compare the two songs' background vocals. They are very similar in sound.
    What was the other song?

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The notes in the WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO 40th anniversary set mention that Diana alone recorded the song, using the same track and background vocals that Kim used.
    Reese, the way I read those 40th Anniversary notes--and thank you very much for pointing them out--it would seem The Supremes as back-up ended up on both Diana's and Kim's leads. Am I mis-reading them?
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 11-03-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Reese, the way I read those 40th Anniversary notes--and thank you very much for pointing them out--it would seem The Supremes as back-up ended up on both Diana's and Kim's leads. Am I mis-reading them?
    I think so.

Maybe the notes for the WDOLG set confused some fans because the notes for the new I HEAR A SYMPHONY set specifically say that "Diana Ross recorded new vocals to [[Kim)Weston's backing track, while Mary and Flo did not, leaving the Andantes, who backed Kim's original to sub as Supremes."
    Last edited by reese; 11-04-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think so.

Maybe the notes for the WDOLG set confused some fans because the notes for the new I HEAR A SYMPHONY set specifically say that "Diana Ross recorded new vocals to [[Kim)Weston's backing track, while Mary and Flo did not, leaving the Andantes, who backed Kim's original to sub as Supremes."
    I was amazed that that voice on agilkwigt was not Flo but an Andante. Then again on Unchained Melody i thought that was the Andantes now after hearing the extended version I hear Mary and Flo, how amazing both sets of girls sound like each other. but Mary and Flo have certainly had their share of singing background on many other artist besides their own Supremes recodings.