[REMOVE ADS]

The Temptations Show TV special

I'd only ever seen a picture of the cover of the album from this TV special [[apparently there were three), but I've just spent 17 fascinating minutes watching excerpts from the shows - excerpts I'd never seen on youtube before.

There's Paul soloing on I've Gotta Be Me, and Paul leading again on a version of Try It Baby based on their version with the Supremes. Swanee at the end is sure hokee, but it does tell us what was in their act in the late 60s/early 70s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlT1-NFCujU

I remember watching this special on television. It aired on WJBK Channel 2 in Detroit I believe in the summer of 1969. I bought the soundtrack album some years later. Great show.

honest man Guest
    WOW WOW WOW i can't believe what i have just watched,magnificent, just when you think you have seen everything,my quest begins again to find this show on vhs-dvd, loved it,my faith has been restored in SDF ,i love these surprises,thank you soulwally for the nod, cheers and many thanks.

honest man Guest
    .OMG i have the dvd ,just watched it,love it, good version of the grass will sing for you by Kaye Stevens,love it, thanks for letting us know about clip, never knew this show existed, though i have the album.keep posting rare clips. love them, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    .OMG i have the dvd ,just watched it,love it, good version of the grass will sing for you by Kaye Stevens,love it, thanks for letting us know about clip, never knew this show existed, though i have the album.keep posting rare clips. love them, cheers.
    What DVD? Is it a bootleg? I vaguely remember this special. It was syndicated and produced by some guy who did other specials with other stars like Eartha kitt & Leslie Uggams. I always thought the sountrack album sounded bad.

Are you speaking of the show with[george kirby]?

honest man Guest
    The show with George Kirby and Kaye Stevens yes it is, never heard of either acts though i enjoyed both, yes it 's a bootleg has small watermark and timer on screen BUT it is wonderful ,all the same ,where would we be without internet, Motown History in the making,Paul and the boys shone, cheers.

This was awesome!!! Eddie is a beast on the mic! Paul is pure S-O-U-L!!! The choreography is crazy cool! Love those Temps!!!