[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Nightflight" Tue Oct 30, 9P-12M ET: He's Ba-a-a-a-a-ck....for the Birthday Show!!

Yes....THE Birthday Show....not MY Birthday Show...I refuse to take responsibility for it....THAT'S not my age...that's some OTHER old man's age!! You get my point!
    Folks...it will be nice to welcome you back to "Nightflight"...as I have been away for 2 weeks. I had the most surreal trip to UME and the Motown vaults, and I was treated so splendidly by Andy Skurow, the the personified perfection of guides; Harry Weinger, who was as sweet and kind as he could be; Kevin Reeves, the magician of engineering: and Brian, Elliot and Seth...more engineers who helped to make my visit to the Emerald City of Motown so amazing! I want to thank them for making a point to make my visit one that I will never forget! Thanks, Guys!
    And to all of "Nightflight's" listeners...it's so good to be back with you! And I want to thank Nina Simone for sitting in for the show I missed...great job, Nina!!! Each year I do a birthday show where I play odds 'n' ends,extended versions, rarities and specialties. Tonight, I will do no different...but the remixes are new ones...not only Motown, but Beatles and Madonna...some of my favorites that needed a tweak of length. And the specialties are rare...ones I believe you'll like. I'm also going to place a little long missed spotlight on one of my favorite artists. So do join me,
    tonight...for all this and more...on "Nightflight"....on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org
    Thanks!!
    John
    PS...my thoughts and prayers for those affected by the destruction caused by the cyclone Sandy that continues to devastate the Northeast...and for all those working so hard to protect those victims of this unreal storm.

Name:  SupremesCoffeClatch008.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  27.2 KB
    ...a Hallowe'en treat created by SDF's methuselah2...but he's methuselah1 in MY book! Thanks, Bruce!

WOW! How lucky are YOU! PLEASE talk [[a LOT) about the visit to the vaults on the show... Just hope one day I'll be lucky enough to see it too. Jealous? Me? YOU BET!!!

Belated Happy Birthday John! I remembered yesterday that your birthday was Sunday. I meant to wish you a belated Happy Birthday yesterday when we spoke, but I forgot again! My bad. I'm getting old and forgetful. Besides you had the best early birthday present ever - your personally guided tour of Universal and the Motown Vaults! I wasn't jealous either. Not!

Welcome back John. I hope the storm isn't cutting into the celebration of your birthday season. I have had lots of rain and wind in PA, but no damage and no loss of power [[so I am better off than many). Sending prayers and encouragement to my fellow Northeasterners who weren't so lucky.

Have fun tonight, John.

Jim

You're back and I'm glad to hear that the show will be coming from P-town. As opposed to Rikers Island, as you left NY with half of those vaults stuffed in your pockets! You've got stories to tell, music to play, and, God knows, a few upcoming election cracks to make, no doubt. It all comes with the territory, I suppose--the lay of the land, but don't take that personally. Sounds like a fun night is in store.

Thanks for including the Supremes Pumpkins photo. I spotted this great shot on the Internet, edited out a few other carved pumpkins surrounding these three [[I don't think it was The Andantes, by the way), and then I just added the names to those wonderful pumpkins and picture. How could I not? "Boo! In the Name of Love." [[Maybe those were The Andantes included in the original photo after all. Nope--I ain't goin' there. Nope, not me. Best-behavior me.)
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 10-30-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Welcome back Johnny! and it sounds like you had an awesome time in the city..Have fun tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    WOW! How lucky are YOU! PLEASE talk [[a LOT) about the visit to the vaults on the show... Just hope one day I'll be lucky enough to see it too. Jealous? Me? YOU BET!!!
    Ivyfield.....it was an amazing experience....I will talk some about it!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Belated Happy Birthday John! I remembered yesterday that your birthday was Sunday. I meant to wish you a belated Happy Birthday yesterday when we spoke, but I forgot again! My bad. I'm getting old and forgetful. Besides you had the best early birthday present ever - your personally guided tour of Universal and the Motown Vaults! I wasn't jealous either. Not!
    Thanks, Joseph....not to worry...the birthday is just a marker....and if I could forget it...I would. See you later, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBagley View Post
    Welcome back John. I hope the storm isn't cutting into the celebration of your birthday season. I have had lots of rain and wind in PA, but no damage and no loss of power [[so I am better off than many). Sending prayers and encouragement to my fellow Northeasterners who weren't so lucky.

Have fun tonight, John.

Jim
    Thanks Jim....see you later...and glad you are ok!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    You're back and I'm glad to hear that the show will be coming from P-town. As opposed to Rikers Island, as you left NY with half of those vaults stuffed in your pockets! You've got stories to tell, music to play, and, God knows, a few upcoming election cracks to make, no doubt. It all comes with the territory, I suppose--the lay of the land, but don't take that personally. Sounds like a fun night is in store.

Thanks for including the Supremes Pumpkins photo. I spotted this great shot on the Internet, edited out a few other carved pumpkins surrounding these three [[I don't think it was The Andantes, by the way), and then I just added the names to those wonderful pumpkins and picture. How could I not? "Boo! In the Name of Love." [[Maybe those were The Andantes included in the original photo after all. Nope--I ain't goin' there. Nope, not me. Best-behavior me.)
    Bruce...thanks. They did take me to Riker's, but I was able to get a furlough right away for good behaviour.
    Thanks for the SUP-er pumpkins!

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Welcome back Johnny! and it sounds like you had an awesome time in the city..Have fun tonight

Hey there Tony!!! It was a wonderful trip....glad I made it LAST week! See you later, gator!!

Is it just me or does that Diana pumpkin just have that extra something going on that draws your eye to her?

Looking forward to your triumphant return to the airwaves, John, see everyone there....

Oh btw I hear TVOne will be spotlighting the Barbara, Cindy, Jean, Lynda, Scherrie, and Susaye pumpkins seperately from DMF in a special episode of "Unpatched"

Howdy Glen P!!!

...in the studio......wooooooooffff

"Unpatched." Oh, Glen, you! Pretty funny!

Johnny,
    I noticed that when you mentioned those who so graciously welcomed you to NY & the vaults one name was missing.
    Was George working another cruise or just on vacation??
    It looks as if they'll just have to invite you back for the super-deluxe tour when George is able to join Andy & Harry.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 10-30-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Oh btw I hear TVOne will be spotlighting the Barbara, Cindy, Jean, Lynda, Scherrie, and Susaye pumpkins seperately from DMF in a special episode of "Unpatched"
    Jean's old rag doll [[pumpkin) probably had tons of patches...
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 10-30-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Johnny,
    I noticed that when you mentioned those who so graciously welcomed you to NY & the vaults one name was missing.
    Was George working another cruise or just on vacation??
    It looks as if they'll just have to invite you back for the super-deluxe tour when George is able to join Andy & Harry.
    George wasn't there.....he was at his day job....no one was missed....George WASN'T missed...but he was MISSED!

btw...Howdy, Carole!!!!

Where Did Our Love Go BABY...??

I'm afraid to hear the two runners-ups' voices.

Fabulous Scott Regen clip.
    Ooo-wee. That was brand new to me.
    And I loved it. What a sensational treat, John.
    P.S. Christine sounded a lot like Judy Collins on IHAS.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 10-30-2012 at 09:50 PM.

[QUOTE=JimBagley;129285]I'm afraid to hear the two runners-ups' voices.[/QUOT

LOL Jim i would be afradi too

During the RTL Tour, she called herself "Miss Ross."
    Perhaps.

I'm afraid to hear the two runners-ups' voices.
    I heard the two runner ups were Shantel Baker and Kaaren Ragland but I might have been misinformed

As Shantel and Kaaren are genuine imitation Supremes, they might have been barred from competing.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....Kaaarrrreeeeennnnnnnnn Raaaaaaagggggggggglllannnddddd!!!!!!

Who gets a telegram their man died while under a hair dryer from the military? In the world of Motown, Apparantly you should never make homemade jam or dry your hair without expecting bad news...

Oh, yes! Your remix of ASK ANY GIRL.
    And I couldn't ask for anything else.

It's a little known fact that Christine Schumacher was under the dryer that was next to Martha Reeves when Scott Regen called to inform and congratulate her [[on- air) on winning the 'Record A Record With the Supremes ' Contest. That was Martha you can hear screaming in the background!
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 10-30-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Who gets a telegram their man died while under a hair dryer from the military? In the world of Motown, Apparantly you should never make homemade jam or dry your hair without expecting bad news...
    What man died under a military hairdryer????

Well I am eating Smuckers out of the jar and setting my perm with high heat right now in hopes the Lewis Sisters Lost And Found set gets lost again!

Well I am eating Smuckers out of the jar and setting my perm with high heat right now in hopes the Lewis Sisters Lost And Found set gets lost again!

Oh noooooooooo....don't lose that!!!

Those Lewis Sisters could ruin the best of Motown Listening Parties.

Word on the street is that the Lewis Sisters have your number [[and address) and will be paying you a visit when you least expect it.
    And by the way, they prefer Nervous Nellie's Jams & Jellies.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 10-30-2012 at 09:56 PM.

thanks for playing Maybe I'm Amazed def one of my favorite PMc tracks

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    thanks for playing Maybe I'm Amazed def one of my favorite PMc tracks
    My pleasure, Tone!! That backing track is so gorgeous....so is the song....

Hi John

Thanks to getting a laptop and to going back to Greenwich Meantime, it's the first time I've been able to listen to you. "Tears of A Clown" could be the story of my life.

Belated Happy Birthday.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Hi John

Thanks to getting a laptop and to going back to Greenwich Meantime, it's the first time I've been able to listen to you. "Tears of A Clown" could be the story of my life.

Belated Happy Birthday.

Martin
    Martin....welcome and thank you so much. Greenwich...that means you're in the UK???

I had Paul McCartny's Greatest Hits album when I was in high school.

Your "Maybe I'm Amazed" is much better, John.

No matter how you look at it, a telegram beats a "Hello Kitty" card.

Will Andy, Harry or George be calling in to wish you a happy birthday?

No birthday celebration would be complete without a tune from Peggy Lee. I play "Hey Look Me Over" by Peggy on my birthday.

Welcome Martin, glad you could make it!

"The work of 3 Trojans."
    Am I really going to let that one pass?
    Guess so.

Welcome Joseph.

I had Paul McCartny's Greatest Hits album when I was in high school.

Your "Maybe I'm Amazed" is much better, John.

Thanks Jim!!!

Howdy John. Welcome back!! We missed you terribly. When you were at Motown, did you ask anyone why Motown let music like the David Ruffin album "David" sit in the vault for over 30 years. There's no telling what's still in there that deserves to be released.

Great extension of Cherish.... One of Madges most underrated singles... Well that and Hanky Panky hehe

Meow !!!!!!!!!