[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Frankenstorm???

Frankenstorm???

What do you get when you mix..snow-winds-rain-hurricanes-tornadoes?? A big mess well that's what they say is coming to the eastern shores of the u.s.starting sunday,so those of you in those areas stock up[i'm dousing the outside of my house with hooch as i speak[no storm in it's right mind would come within a thousand miles of this stuff,hehe]but all jokes aside...be careful folks.

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    What do you get when you mix..snow-winds-rain-hurricanes-tornadoes?? A big mess well that's what they say is coming to the eastern shores of the u.s.starting sunday,so those of you in those areas stock up[i'm dousing the outside of my house with hooch as i speak[no storm in it's right mind would come within a thousand miles of this stuff,hehe]but all jokes aside...be careful folks.
    I will be in deep prayer for those affected by this storm.

Roberta

I have family and friends who are in the impact area. It won't be pretty. Even here in Ohio we're bracing for getting a good hit. Up to 6 inches of heavy rain, possible flooding, high wind warnings [[gusts up to 70 mph), possible power outages and even snow! Of course, it won't be anywhere as serious as those in extreme impact areas, but it just shows you the size and magnitude of this storm. I don't think a hurricane has had this kind of impact on Ohio before.

My workplace is closed today and an appointment I had this afternoon canceled and left me a message saying to re-shedule. All of the city mass transit [[subways,buses) are shut down so I can't do anything but chill and wait this thing out...

Please be safe - Praying for your protection!

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone effected by this terrible storm. Though not in the direct path of the storm, I couldn't reach my buddy John Perrone in Provincetown MA as the power was out. The power is back on, for now, and he's okay but the wind is really picking up and heavy rain is predicted. A special thought for our friends at Hip-O in New York who are in the path. I know Andy lives in Bridgeport CT and they're getting hit pretty hard. Hang in there guys, my thoughts and prayers are with you. JOsEph

take care everyone,stay safe.
    i have relatives on Long island,smithtown,west hampton/remsenburg.I cant get hold of them.either moved out or the powers off.

Long Island got hit hard. 50 homes in Queens were burned and Red Hook in Brooklyn is still
    flooded as I write this. Mass transit is still shut down and a lot of places still will be closed
    today. I'm in upper Manhattan so my area basically only got wind and rain but apparently
    my jazz radio station had some problem because I can't hear them on air or even on the internet...Of course there are a lot of worse things going on for a lot of people in the surrounding area than not being able to dig Trane on BGO...

My good friend Ron Milano died last night of a heart attack in West Babylon, Long Island as he was getting prepared for the storm. Another friend completely lost his home.

What bothers me about this storm is that it is one of many that we will see in the future. In the past few years we've seen more major storms, more tornadoes, more earthquakes. And the areas they strike is widening. The earth is changing. Just my two cents

Day 5 for me. Power is slowly seeping back into Long Branch, NJ. I'm hoping that things turn around by this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Day 5 for me. Power is slowly seeping back into Long Branch, NJ. I'm hoping that things turn around by this weekend.
    The damage I see on TV is just unimaginable to me. I am sure I couldn't possibly fathom what it is like to be on the ground in the middle of it all. I hope and pray that things will turn around as quickly as possilble and that everyone affected can find the strength and courage to hold on and hold up during this unbelievable trial. A nation's prayers are with you.
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 11-03-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Hang in there, TimmyFunk - We're all standing with you in prayer. Jesus will see you through this. Look to Him for your strength!

Quote Originally Posted by msjoys View Post
    Hang in there, TimmyFunk - We're all standing with you in prayer. Jesus will see you through this. Look to Him for your strength!
    Amen msjoy. You are in my prayers TimmyFunk.

We pray that all who have died from this hurricane will enjoy Your joyful presence forever,
    We pray that You, O Lord of Generosity will inspire our fellow Americans to work for the good of these displaced and disheartened people not counting the cost but gladly doing it in the name of Jesus.
    We pray that those responsible for the rescue and rebuilding efforts will move swiftly and compassionately.
    We pray that those who have been separated from their children, families and friends
    will find solace and peace in the days ahead.
    We pray that You, O God, will walk with our brothers and sisters in this tragic time
    and support them in Your love.

In the name of Jesus your son and our Lord and Savior I ask you Heavenly Father to hear this prayer.

Roberta

I work in social services and I see the stress on all of those affected ,in extreme ways and somewhat less. My co-workers were just discussing how stressed we are and the worse is yet to be realized. The winter has just begun and we must be strong. That however is easy to say , but hard to do. The strong must stay strong ,for the weak depend on them and they don't fully see it. Hard times are upon us ,but we been there--done that --and will rise again.

dadyacey
    good work and well done,it must be a killer listening to those people's stories and problems.
    timmyfunk
    sorry to hear what you're going thru' hopefully it wont be long 'till you're out the other side and living normally! i hope so.

Power came back at around 1:00pm on Sunday. Small power outage this morning, but for the moment, power is restored. You guys are the real 'back up generator'. Peace and thanks.

my cousin's [[smithtown,long island) power came on last night.still no word from the others yet.but i reckon they still have no power.its a bit worrying without kowing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    my cousin's [[smithtown,long island) power came on last night.still no word from the others yet.but i reckon they still have no power.its a bit worrying without kowing for sure.
    Probably the only thing worse than being there, is having loved ones there and not being able to reach them or get any news on their condition. We all need to continue our prayers and support for everyone affected by this storm and its' continuing aftermath. Hope you get more good news soon tamla617.

They buried my friend Ron Milano in Smithtown today. He died trying to prepare his house for the storm. RIP Ron

Sorry to hear that, Marv. This storm has been a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Marv. This storm has been a tough one.
    Thanks Ralph. This storm has been the worst I've ever seen.

yeah marv , sorry to hear about your friend.that was terrible,but when i eventually make it to Smithtown again we will meet up,sorry,thats a promise!dont lose sleep waiting tho' could be a couple of years,but i'm working on it.

sophisticated....
    thanks

yeah marv , sorry to hear about your friend.that was terrible,but when i eventually make it to Smithtown again we will meet up,sorry,thats a promise!dont lose sleep waiting tho' could be a couple of years,but i'm working on it.

sophisticated....
    thanks
    Tamla, thanks. Whenever you make it, it will be very nice to meet you.

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They buried my friend Ron Milano in Smithtown today. He died trying to prepare his house for the storm. RIP Ron
    My deepest condolences to Ron's family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    My deepest condolences to Ron's family and friends. May he rest in peace.
    Thank you. He was one of those rare people that you wished everyone had the opportunity to meet.

I got an email from west hampton today,at last i know everyone of my cousins [[7 plus their own families)on long island are safe!still waiting to see if they have anywhere to live but at least they're safe.