[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've heard this Aretha/Sam Cooke rumor for years now and that her father allegedly impregnated her. At times, Aretha can't discuss her father without getting very emotional. It's sad and a little strange. But C.L. Franklin was always controversial. Church folk in Detroit talked about him until the day he died.
    Both Clarence and Edward do resemble Sam & Aretha. But Aretha also allegedly had an affair with Sam's brother L.C, , who Ted White shot after he, Aretha and LC had a fight at her home. The incident was covered in The Michigan Chronicle but basically covered up. L.C. could possibly be the daddy. Who knows what the deal really is?
    Rumors have circulated about Aretha for years. I heard Clarence was the son who was allegedly molested by Glynn Turman and that Clarence was placed in a home for people with mental problems. But that's how it is with most rumors. They get twisted and distorted as they grow. I don't think Clarence has been seen in public in many years. She doesn't talk about him. No wonder she sings the way she does. You gotta go through some real pain to sing like that. And yes, her autobiography was a disappointment.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-26-2012 at 01:24 PM.