[REMOVE ADS]

Copmplete Motown Singles Volume 12

With the unliklihood of volume 12 not being released, has anyone attempted to compile the complete list of A and B sides themselves. If so, which tracks are hard to source, either from CD, single or album?

We've all waited for volume 12 for so long. I heard that there are problems because, beginning with that year, they need to get permission from the artists and one or some have been holding out. I've only heard speculation about which artists these are, but it really doesn't matter any more. [[I've only recently joined this forum, I'm sure you all know more about what the problems are than I do.)

I would suggest to Harry and the others at Hip-O to go ahead and announce that they will simply release the singles that they can for 1972. It won't be "complete", so they'd have to modify the name of that set somewhat, but who cares really. It would be much better to get something than nothing. If the artists who are holding out are "minor" artists, perhaps knowing the set will be released without their tracks if necessary will pressure them to come around. If it's a major artist or two [[like Stevie Wonder), we probably have these singles [[at least the A-sides) as album cuts already.

It's a shame, but again getting something - including stuff which might never have seen a cd release - is better than never getting anything. So I'd say go ahead with what they have and just give us a list of what's missing.

I do hope that someone can provide a list of the single releases from 1972.

If you put "Michelle Aller the Morning After" in the search engine box in the top right-hand corner and click on the magnifying glass icon, it will take you to a couple of threads where members have listed the 1972 releases.

The releases that were scheduled to be included in the first volume of The Complete Motown Singles have been indicated as such on the Don't Forget the Motor City site.

I've taken all rumours I've heard about which tracks are holding up release with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    If you put "Michelle Aller the Morning After" in the search engine box in the top right-hand corner and click on the magnifying glass icon, it will take you to a couple of threads where members have listed the 1972 releases.

Thanks for that, I've looked at the list. It would be impossible to create my own compilation as there are many obscure tracks here that were never made available in the UK. I doubt anyone out there would be able to access every one of these tracks. [[challenge!!)

Thanks 144man for the guidance in searching for that, and many thanks to Stone Diamond for compiling the list.

Well, *tease* I wouldn't say they are not coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Thanks for that, I've looked at the list. It would be impossible to create my own compilation as there are many obscure tracks here that were never made available in the UK. I doubt anyone out there would be able to access every one of these tracks. [[challenge!!)

I could, but Harry & Co. could do it better!

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    well, *tease* i wouldn't say they are not coming out.
    say what?! :d

So 'you know who' has finally signed the paper work

I 'wonder' what's going on with TCMS

I apologise for the inference in this post. It appears that previous 'rumours' have been way off the mark. I am only aware of the situation regarding TCMS from what I see on forums and any official news from UMG/Motown .
    Last edited by snakepit; 10-26-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: update of information