[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulswood View Post
    Exactly.....very well spoken Antceleb....

And I wonder why the other girls never spoke up for her, as they were a successful team of 3, not 3 separate persons. Mary and Diana surely saw what happened.
    Diana could have used her relationship with Berry to stop him picking on Flo. I mean in the beginning, when things still could be reversed.
    IMO Diana didn't care because she was scheduled to go solo anyway. "Before I go solo, lets change Flo into Cindy to fill the temporary gap". And maybe that's why Mary didn't step in either, cause she couldn't team-up with Diana to stop Berry. The original Supremes went in a dead-end street.
    They didn't speak up for Florence because Diana Ross broke the unity. She was on Berry Gordy's side by then completely. She was looking out for herself and Mary was afraid that she too would be kicked out. Diane could have used her relationship with Mr. Gordy to help things with Flo, but she was not supportive of Florence. You are right, she just didn't care and wanted Florence out of the group as much as Gordy did.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    When I think of The Supremes, I think of three beautiful young women who made a very big impression on me as a teenager. When I listen to their harmonies on "The Supremes Sing Country, Western & Pop," I feel shivers run through me. Those sessions were recorded before mass fame ensued for them, but to my ears that under appreciated recording most closely captures the trio in their vocal prime and essence. I may be a minority in this belief, but that is their legacy, three, as one!
    Mark, I agree. That was the Supremes at their vocal best. They didn't need Andantes or anyone else on those recordings. To me, the Supremes were far superior vocally than the Andantes and others........

My eyes are raised to the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Reply to Roberta.

First of all I am only commenting because people are stating howe unreliable Flo was and that was not true in the beginning, but as time went on she got disillusioned because she believed in spreading the fame around and not it being centered on Miss Ross if you will. I have found peace in what happened to her but legend is legend and it can never be erased. Whether it was a emmy or golden globe, it still speaks volumes of the appreciation of an artist who took on the role of Effie in her first acting role,dedicated it to Miss Ballard [[in whom the Effie character was loosely based on Flo). Believe me my pain has been eased years ago, and God has blessed me in ways you cannot imagine.
    That's true Fran.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    My eyes are raised to the sky.
    LOL I'm sure all of our eyes are at this point. The Supremes are a triumph, not a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    LOL I'm sure all of our eyes are at this point. The Supremes are a triumph, not a tragedy.
    Most of us know the Supremes will always be a triumph and most of us love all of the former Supremes. There are but a few will that always see Diane Ross as a wicked villain. Mary Wilson as a saint, Florence Ballard as a tragic victim and there's nothing we can do to change theire minds. Best thing is to stick them on ignore and pray for them.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Most of us know the Supremes will always be a triumph and most of us love all of the former Supremes. There are but a few will that always see Diane Ross as a wicked villain. Mary Wilson as a saint, Florence Ballard as a tragic victim and there's nothing we can do to change theire minds. Best thing is to stick them on ignore and pray for them.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta
    True, true... keep it moving, I always say lol