[REMOVE ADS]

Thumbs up What's Going On drum track [[by Chet Forest)

What's muted: Marvin's percussion "drum" track where he provides the extra beat [[I'll post that later), the guitars [[though you could hear them a bit), the strings [[though you could also hear them a bit).

What's not on this video: the vocals.

Enjoy.

Not bad. Simple, direct, played for the song. Only 3 cymbal crashes on the whole track. Nice groove. He can have the job.

I thought that Richard "Pistol" Allen was the drummer on the title track and that Chet Forrest played on the remaining tracks, all of which were recorded at a later date.....

^ I think "Pistol" was credited but I didn't know what track, if it is "Pistol" on "What's Going On", then my apologies. But now that you mention it, it does indeed sound like "Pistol" put his stamp on it. I'll edit my title.

OK wait, I just tried to find the button to edit the title and I can't? LOL ugh

Dave Van De Pitte told me they brought Chet [[whom he had worked with many times before) in beause they wanted something different. The above is workmalike, and the switches from the standard boom-boom-clack to the triplet based pedal section and jazzy bass-snare syncopations are neatly done, but different? Nothing there Pistol or Uriel couldn't or wouldn't have done imho.

^ I see. I just checked the credits, "Pistol" wasn't on the album, it was all Chet.

uptight Guest
    Funky! I could just listen to that for a minute.

uptight Guest
    These clips have been up for a year now? How did I miss them?