[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sky's the limit, the tempations

I was typing fast and misspelled Temptations in my subject line.
    Anyway, this LP was recently reissued in Japan. It's interesting album because it contains songs like Throw A Farewell Kiss and I'm The Exception to the Rule which had been previously recorded by The Velvelettes. Also Man and Unite the World, two songs that are rarely Anthologized. It would be the last Tempts studio LP to feature Eddie Kendricks and Paul Williams, who does not appear to be on all of the tracks. A another one of its tracks- Smiling Faces Sometimes would be reworked by Norman Whitfield for the Undisputed Truth. The mix on Throw A Farewell Kiss is kind of odd. It seems like Dennis Edwards' vocal is buried underneath the instruments. Any other comments or fans of this album?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-14-2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: spelling error