[REMOVE ADS]

Whose Role Could This Actress Play - You Think She Could Pull It Off?

I'm sure the topic has been discussed here in SD before but I ran across this picture for the first time and I thought she could play the role perfectly. It's amazing the resemblance for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

smark21 Guest
    Who is this actress?

Taraji P. Henson

smark21 Guest
    Yeah, her name was bandied about a couple of years ago when that Flo movie was supposed to be made. But she’s around 40 and too old to convincingly play the younger Ross in a movie. If Motown the Musical is a hit, perhaps the girl who was cast to play Ross could play Ross in a movie.

She looks very much like a young version of actress Rosalind Cash so that is who I would nominate her to play:

Rosalind Cash was/is my favorite old school actress. I love her acting. Actually she is in a tie with Beah Richards. Love those women. Anyone ever see the documentary about Beah? Amazing woman.

Quote Originally Posted by caliluv View Post
    I'm sure the topic has been discussed here in SD before but I ran across this picture for the first time and I thought she could play the role perfectly. It's amazing the resemblance for me.
    Play what role?

Ha ha aha...
    I think caliluv is talking about her playing Tammi Terrell...Actually though I do agree there is
    some resemblence, I think Taraji is talented enough to play just about any of a number of
    iconic singers or female musicians from the past 100 years. The other thing is, is anyone
    even considering a Tammi Terrell story right now? Clue me in if I missed that somehow...Personally I have a different role I 'd like to cast Taraji in but I don't want to give away the details just yet....

smark21 Guest
    Wasn’t Tammi Terrell in her early 20s when she died? If so, Taraj Henson is too old to convincingly play Tammi Terrell.

I was going to say Mary Wells. So I will.

Mary Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Wasn’t Tammi Terrell in her early 20s when she died? If so, Taraj Henson is too old to convincingly play Tammi Terrell.
    Sorry, smark, but I couldn't let this statement go un-challenged...
    As a friend of mine like to say: doodyplop!

This is something that has been done in film dozens of times. Hollywood,
    foreign,indie and elsewhere. Here in movies with black actors we've seen it with Thandie Newton, Lisa Gay Hamilton and Kimberley Elise all in
    Beloved, Malinda Williams in The Wood and Elise Neal in Rosewood as
    some examples. It's all in styling hair and makeup [[or downplaying) combined with serious acting skills...
    But as I said, is anyone doing a Tammi movie anyway?...

If boney assed[diana ross]could play[billie holiday]then ms.henson who looks like[tammi]could pull it off if it ever came about[i don't think it will]!!

Taraji is on a mission to play Diana Ross. She has been speaking on it for a couple of years now. Maybe she should have auditioned for the role in the Motown musical.

That's[mission impossible]diana ain't gonna let nobody play her,she'll get a facelift to look twenty years younger and play herself!!!

Now that it's mentioned, I totally see Tammi Terrell. Are they making a movie about her?