[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

Eldbride Bryant with the Temptations clips exists,[kell osbourne and primes songs]

Hello people been reading A'int to proud ... book ,ok still got a lot of Otis Williams input[yawn], anyway does anyone know if clips exist of Tempts with E Bryant,what songs did he sing on,also any songs exist with Kell .Paul. Eddie - The Primes love these 3 vocaists,anyone add anything, cheers people.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  21.1 KB
    Elbridge Bryant sang on all Temptations songs recorded from their start with Motown in 1961 through at least mid 1964. Yes, I believe that there are film clips of him singing with the group.

If I remember correctly, The Primes never recorded. And, I never heard of any film clips of them as a group.

Perhaps someone filmed them when they were appearing in a club in Detroit?

I'm pretty sure Elbridge Bryant was NOT on "The Way You Do the Things You Do", I think that was the first David Ruffin was on.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    I'm pretty sure Elbridge Bryant was NOT on "The Way You Do the Things You Do", I think that was the first David Ruffin was on.
    You are correct here. I was wrong on the timing.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  21.1 KB
    Here's a quote from Wikipedia on Bryant:

"By 1963, Bryant had become sometimes volatile and unpredictable to deal with. One mid-1963 backstage altercation between Bryant and Paul Williams resulted in the former smashing a beer bottle across the latter's face and landed him in the hospital. Surprisingly, Paul forgave Al and talked the other group members out of firing him as he was determined to give Bryant another chance. However, a few months later, the group would determine that he had done little to change and was still being uncooperative. After a second altercation onstage during Motown's 1963 company Christmas party, Bryant was fired from the group. By the New Year of 1964, the Temptations had recruited David Ruffin as their new fifth member, and the group recorded what would be their first Top 20 pop hit, 'The Way You Do the Things You Do'. "

According to otis,al's firing came after he refused to join in the dance steps at a performance which was stupid seeing how david would sometimes join them onstage.