[REMOVE ADS]

Unreleased Supremes Tracks

In the booklet that accompanied DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES: LOST AND FOUND, there was a listing near the end outlining all of the previously unreleased tracks that had been "released from the vaults" in recent years.

This listing concluded with the tracks from the WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO: EXPANDED EDITION[[2004) and CELLARFUL OF MOTOWN [[2005).

I would like to bring this list up to date. Of course, I know there were unreleased tracked on the Hip-O Expanded Editions [[MEET THE SUPREMES, MORE HITS, AT THE COPA, and I HEAR A SYMPHONY) as well as on the LOST AND FOUND collection.

Have any others appeared elsewhere?

honest man Guest
    Nitty Gritty, the beginning of the end of love on PINK 4 c d set come to mind.cheers.

honest man Guest
    i STILL NEED Chim chimeree,any offers,Please..................................... .........................

[QUOTE=longtimefan;126304]In the booklet that accompanied DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES: LOST AND FOUND, there was a listing near the end outlining all of the previously unreleased tracks that had been "released from the vaults" in recent years.
    I would like to bring this list up to date.

Have any others appeared elsewhere?

A point to consider: There is an introductory paragraph that precedes the list which states
    "In most cases we have omitted any alternate versions or mixes of songs previously released elsewhere, unless that song was a completely different take, such as 'Honey Bee'."

After the entries from From The Vaults through A Cellarful Of Motown, Volume 2 are a listing of never completed tracks that have surfaced in discographies.
    Lastly, mention is made of what remains in the vault Supremes [[with Diana Ross) -wise: 'a Disney album, more Coca-Colacommercials, several alternate takes, many live recordings, outtakes from their television specials, and a few things that are, well, not quite up to Supremes standards, even for fans".

What we will likely continue to see as bonus tracks are more alternate takes, stereo versions of mono tracks, & live performances.

I also suspect that somewhere along the line in the Supremes' albums expanded editions, we might receive at least one of the songs listed in 'Lost & Found' as incomplete. On one of Midnight Johnny's Nighflight's, Andy let slip that vault research turned up an unknown Jean Terrell track & a Diana Ross & the Supremes track not thought to have ever been completed. I would not expect Andy to reveal the names of the tracks yet, but if I am remembering incorrectly, I ask Andy to please correct me.

honest man Guest
    Hello Andy

i thought the Jean track was revealed to be a song Aretha released? Until You Come Back To Me? is the only song that comes to mind and there is a Smokey song unreleased from the FLOY JOY album.

Until You Come Back To Me must be from the 1973 Stevie Wonder sessions ...

Hi all, well the good news is that there are several Jean Terrell-era tracks we could issue on expanded editions or on a 70's Lost & Found. The song we discovered was not Until You Come Back To Me, but something else Aretha issued in the 80's.

The material I wrote about in the DR&S L&F was what we knew of at the time. However, the vaults are always revealing new surprises. George Solomon and I made some great song discoveries just days ago, as well as another set of revelations back in July. The curse of the job is that we hear a song and want to share it immediately, but it can take months, even years to make it happen. We're on it, I promise.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    Hi all, well the good news is that there are several Jean Terrell-era tracks we could issue on expanded editions or on a 70's Lost & Found. The song we discovered was not Until You Come Back To Me, but something else Aretha issued in the 80's.

The material I wrote about in the DR&S L&F was what we knew of at the time. However, the vaults are always revealing new surprises. George Solomon and I made some great song discoveries just days ago, as well as another set of revelations back in July. The curse of the job is that we hear a song and want to share it immediately, but it can take months, even years to make it happen. We're on it, I promise.
    Very interesting. Were these surprises concerning the 60's Supreme's or the 70's Supreme's? And which way are you all leaning regarding a 70's Lost & Found or Expanded Editions of the 70's Supreme's albums?

Thanks for the hint, Andy.

Going through Aretha's 1980's releases, it could possibly be one of these songs ...

I Can't Turn You Loose
    Hold On, I'm Coming
    You Can't Always Get What You Want
    It's Your Thing
    I Wish It Would Rain
    Jumpin' Jack Flash

Am I getting warm?

Very interesting. Possibly some newly discovered 60's Supremes unreleased recordings.

Johnny,

I think you'll find the song in question is the Smokey Robinson composition "Just My Daydream" which Aretha included on her "Jump To It" album but which the Supremes recorded the original version during the "Floy Joy" album sessions.

Ivor
    Last edited by Laserdk; 10-11-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Ivor,thanks for reminding the name of the FJ out take,JUST MY DAYDREAM.
    Andy,thanks for clearing that up. revelations.hmmmm,maybe i am reading more into that.lolthanks