[REMOVE ADS]

Smile What if.... the Hitsville building was to resume operations today?

What if someone was to buy the Hitsville building for a lot of money and was to decide to bring it back to its old glory, by restoring everything and also making Studio A a working studio yet again. What would you do?

I've read many posts here about how turning the Hitsville building into a museum was a waste of its historic and musical significance/value and how awesome it would be if Studio A was to resume operations again.

So?
    Last edited by MrTopCat; 10-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.

The only way to make it profitable would be to record some awful music in it, as that is what seems to be popular these days. Then we would remember fondly the days when it was respected as a museum for when music was good instead of just another poop factory.

To say 'The Motown Sound' couldn't be re-captured if the studio was to reopen is wrong - it could, but most of the guys in front of mic and behind the mixing desk are sadly no longer with us. The Capitol studio is still very busy in LA - frequently used by the likes of Michael Bublé, Harry Connick Jr etc so I guess it COULD happen. Would have to be completely re-fitted technically tough as I doubt any of the equipment currently in Studio A actually works anymore due to age [[correct me if I'm wrong, but some of the stuff you see on the tour was never actually a part of the Motown studio equipment?) but really, for me, I'd rather it just remain the authentic homage to the music of my life. I'll never forget the goosebumps I got when I walked through the door for the first time. Magic, sheer MAGIC!

Honestly, I'd rather have this studio serve its original purpose, than be a museum. I know many of the Motown greats are not with us anymore, but I am talking about a new generation of R'n'B artists who were heavily influenced by Motown and its music. After all, Motown [[ the label ) has resumed operations, and I know, for sure, that many artists would "kill" to be able to record in such an iconic studio. I've read interviews with artists who say that they get goosebumps when they record in studios like Abbey Road, Capitol, etc...

How many of us remember our dear sweet grandmother's house and all the furnishings she had when we were small and not allowed to touch stuff,now even though granny may be long gone and someone new has moved into the old place and changed some things it's still grannny's old house that you loved....do you motown lovers know what i mean???

Take a look at Dap Tone Records - they've had much success using analogue tape recording equipment.

Those days are gone now and in the past they must remain. Technology and times have changes but our memories of Motown and the wonderful Motown music will live on forever.

Roberta

honest man Guest
    oh come on most of the artists producers Funk brothers are in heaven, get real.

I am sorry, but the last 2 posts made me laugh a little. Most of the artists and producers that made Motown are gone, yes [[ may they rest in peace ), but that does not change the fact that Hitsville is a very good studio and if given the overhaul that it deserves it can be a top studio once again.

Are you implying that today's top producers are worse than some of the Motown greats?!?

Also, by your logic every major should cease to exist if it loses its major players... By your logic, Motown should've closed its doors long before it did.

@honest man - I don't need to get real dude, you do. Some punctuation would not hurt either.
    Last edited by MrTopCat; 10-11-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
    I am sorry, but the last 2 posts made me laugh a little. Most of the artists and producers that made Motown are gone, yes [[ may they rest in peace ), but that does not change the fact that Hitsville is a very good studio and if given the overhaul that it deserves it can be a top studio once again.

Are you implying that today's top producers are worse than some of the Motown greats?!?

Also, by your logic every major should cease to exist if it loses its major players... By your logic, Motown should've closed its doors long before it did.

@honest man - I don't need to get real dude, you do. It seems to me that your comment is full of bitterness. Some punctuation would not hurt either.
    Laughing at people isn't very kind or gentlemanly Mr. TopCat. This is what the good book of Kings say about making fun of people.

"He went up from there to Bethel, and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the Lord. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys."

Roberta

I seem to remember from my school Scripture lessons that "small boys" should have been translated from the original Hebrew as "young men". It still seems a bit drastic, Roberta. I don't think anyone on this forum quite deserves that punishment yet.
    Last edited by 144man; 10-11-2012 at 03:40 PM.

There's a huge difference b/n finding something to be funny and laughing at something just for the sake of mockery.

You getting all preachy, now that's just.... weird.

They would discover a bunch of cool groups, "the Blanks" for sake of argument, and then after a few years they'd rename them "Lead Singer and the Blanks" setting off wave after wave of nasty blog comments. Then some company would come by and find alternates, mono takes, stereo takes and Lead Singer burping into the mic. They'd reissue it with lavish packaging and make lots of money. The End.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I seem to remember from my school Scripture lessons that "small boys" should have been translated from the original Hebrew as "young men". It still seems a bit drastic, Roberta. I don't think anyone on this forum quite deserves that punishment yet.
    I'm not in any way promoting that people be torn apart 144man. I was only pointing out that how disapproving the scriptures are of those who mock and laugh at others.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta