[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wells Book...

Mary Wells: The Tumultuous Life of Motown's F…[[Hardcover)by Peter BenjaminsonHardcover $16.65

Book Description
    Publication Date: November 1, 2012
    Complete with never-before-revealed details about the sex, violence, and drugs in her life, this biography reveals the incredibly turbulent life of Motown artist Mary Wells. Based in part on four hours of previously unreleased and unpublicized deathbed interviews with Wells, this account delves deeply into her rapid rise and long fall as a recording artist, her spectacular romantic and family life, the violent incidents in which she was a participant, and her abuse of drugs. From tumultuous affairs, including one with R&B superstar Jackie Wilson, to a courageous battle with throat cancer that climaxed in her gutsiest performance, this history draws upon years of interviews with Wells’s friends, lovers, and husband to tell the whole story of a woman whose songs crossed the color line and whose voice captivated the Beatles.

I look forward to this book.

It look like it covers its topic in a less salacious way than it could have. Maybe it won't be full of pulling Diana Ross's hair, punching Flo, and sleeping with a variety of married men; or if those details are included, they are given and moved on from.

I can't help but think that it could be a tutorial to the young ladies entering the music business. There are forks in the road that we all must come across, success in life is about making good choices.

Who knows, if there was not a vacancy for the first lady position by Ms. Wells staying with the label would history have been changed.

Looking forward to reading this book! I was pleasantly surprised to see that my small local library has this title on order. It's nice to see Mary Wells getting the recognition she deserves!

Wow, she had an affair with Jackie Wilson?

I am supposedly receiving this book from Amazon.com tomorrow. I say "supposedly" because I received notification that it shipped on Tuesday and my UPS tracking is showing it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Maybe the publishing date moved up a few weeks? It should be interesting to get to know more about Mary than the general stuff we've known for so long.

Let us know. Barnes and Noble said there is no way it's coming out before 11/1.

if you pull it up on Amazon.com you can read some excerpts, see the index too.Saw that Pete Moore[[of the Miracles) and Eddie Holland had a lot of praise for Marys talent.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    I am supposedly receiving this book from Amazon.com tomorrow. I say "supposedly" because I received notification that it shipped on Tuesday and my UPS tracking is showing it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Maybe the publishing date moved up a few weeks? It should be interesting to get to know more about Mary than the general stuff we've known for so long.
    Same here; I also received a notice from Amazon that my copy of the new Mary Wells book is on it's way.

Just checked Amazon.com and they're now listing the book as "in stock" so they must have moved up the release date.

Great! thx.

Got it today! Looks good just paging through it. Not a lot of pictures, but... the ones included are interesting. I'm definitely looking forward to reading this one!