[REMOVE ADS]

Angry About tonight's presidential debate: WTF was that???

Obama had tons of opportunities to go after Romney, and he didn't. Rachel Maddow is right. Obama had the opportunity to hit Thurston Howell-Romney with abortion, the "47%", Cayman Islands, Swiss bank accounts, misrepresentation of the facts, and many other things. But, he let just about all of them slide.

It doesn't matter if he's trying to stay "presidential", he has to fight. This is the one thing that has consistently frustrated me about the president, he doesn't fight. He looked more like John McCain on that stage tonight.

Your thoughts?

The Obama team has dozens of strategists working for him and trust me they will bring it when they feel it's time. Those who come out swinging the hardest in the begiining rarely wins the fight!

Romney put on a good show during the debates held at my Alma Mater.....University of Denver "Go Pioneers!"

He put on a good show using Obama's plans and ideas that is. The President seemed a bit fatigued to me and did not go hard enough at Romney.

I really, sincerely hope that the viewers last night did not forget all that Romney has said and done prior to last night's debate. He made a huge misstep that I don't think many people caught. He had a reputation for cutting jobs when at Bain as a "corporate raider". Right in the face of the moderator Mr. Lear [[of PBS), Romney flat out said that he would cut funding for PBS which in turn could very possibly cost Mr. Lear his job! But ole Mitty caught himself and tried to clean it up by saying to Mr. Lear, " I like you too....." Give me a break!

Marv, I thought that Bain was the low-hanging fruit as well and the president did not go for it. He should also have mentioned that Romney's "plan" to replace ACA was basically COBRA and anyone who has ever lost a job knows it's damned near impossible to maintain your insurance coverage while paying the full premium. I felt the president was defending his record as Romney attacked and Romney is the one who has much to defend. Not just that, but Romney "reached across the aisle" in Massachussetts because he had an overwhelmingly Democratic legislature. How will he reach out when he has more Republicans than Dems?

If nothing else, President Obama should have asked Romney if he was going to close loopholes that permit mega-millionaires to pay only 14% on their taxes so that they pay as much as the rest of us. I'm confused by the strategy, preparation, and execution and I'm hoping that Americans don't buy into the "new" Willard Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    The Obama team has dozens of strategists working for him and trust me they will bring it when they feel it's time. Those who come out swinging the hardest in the begiining rarely wins the fight!
    Did you watch the debate? It doesn't matter if they wait until the time is right. Low-information people decide on performance, not substance. You do not give your opponent time to catch up. You hit him, and you keep hitting him. You don't stop.

Romney-Hood had been on the ropes, especially since his 47% comments at a fund0raiser last May came to light. He has been suffering over his shady tax-dealings and how he ran Bain Capital. His running-mate had been booed because of his plans to privatize Social Security. His socially-conservative surrogates have been making outrageous comments...and Obama did almost nothing to make Thurston Howell-Romney answer for it.

It makes me wonder if Obama wants to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Marv, I thought that Bain was the low-hanging fruit as well and the president did not go for it. He should also have mentioned that Romney's "plan" to replace ACA was basically COBRA and anyone who has ever lost a job knows it's damned near impossible to maintain your insurance coverage while paying the full premium. I felt the president was defending his record as Romney attacked and Romney is the one who has much to defend. Not just that, but Romney "reached across the aisle" in Massachussetts because he had an overwhelmingly Democratic legislature. How will he reach out when he has more Republicans than Dems?

If nothing else, President Obama should have asked Romney if he was going to close loopholes that permit mega-millionaires to pay only 14% on their taxes so that they pay as much as the rest of us. I'm confused by the strategy, preparation, and execution and I'm hoping that Americans don't buy into the "new" Willard Romney.
    Exactly!

The one mistake Democrats always make is assuming that the electorate is intelligent and will make the right choice.

I don't even think the tea-baggers will take Romney to task over his new-claims of being a centrist. They just want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Did you watch the debate? It doesn't matter if they wait until the time is right. Low-information people decide on performance, not substance. You do not give your opponent time to catch up. You hit him, and you keep hitting him. You don't stop.
    I would not have commented if I didn't watch it!

Didn't really learn anything. Romney blew up his own tax plan and nobody noticed. I ended up tuning into the Yankee/Red Sox game. The debate seemed like one long vanity exercise to me.

DU? Nah, Colorado College. The closest I ever got to The Broadmoor was to watch The Tigers play hockey at the World Arena. 11/16/12 will NOT be a happy night for The Pioneers.....
    Last edited by Doug-Morgan; 10-04-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    Didn't really learn anything. Romney blew up his own tax plan and nobody noticed. I ended up tuning into the Yankee/Red Sox game. The debate seemed like one long vanity exercise to me.

DU? Nah, Colorado College. The closest I ever got to The Broadmoor was to watch The Tigers play hockey at the World Arena. 11/16/12 will NOT be a happy night for The Pioneers.....
    DU is where did my Undergraduate studies. Condelezza Rice was there but a Grad Student and her dad Dr. John Rice was one of my professors. Comedian Sinbad was on our basketball team.

For me, this was a disturbing turn of events. I hope the 2nd debate turns things back to where they were.

I haven't read what the central themes or formats will be for the final two debates. If they're on foreign policy and/or social issues, the president will have the opportunity to swing back the truly undecideds. I don't think Romney won a lot of people who are concerned over women's rights, immigration reform, or homeland security Wednesday night but he did display a talent for bald-faced lying and President Obama will have to absolutely put Romney on the defensive.

Good news! The jobless rate has dipped below 8%. It is now 7.8%. Another promise filled! Of course the republikkkans/faux news is trying to say the white house is "cooking the books". Yeah. Right. If it were the other way around, they'd be saying it was reason enough to vote their guy back in.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    For me, this was a disturbing turn of events. I hope the 2nd debate turns things back to where they were.
    Well, it ain't over 'till it's over. This it typical of Obama. he under-performs and makes mistakes, but once he becomes aware of his mistakes, he comes back better than ever. And, Wednesday night's debate didn't change the poll numbers.

We can't let romney win,he might start looking into my hooch operation and the whole country would go dry...gulp!!

After the debate, the choice is clear. Do want to vote for the guy who got rid of Bin Laden or do we vote for the guy who wants to get rid of Big Bird

Anyone who is still an "undecided voter" at this stage of the campaign is either an idiot or doesn't care about who wins...

smark21 Guest
    Or doesn’t like either one. I’ve a co worker who can’t stand Romney for his lies and flip flops, but thinks Obama is weak and an inept leader. I told her if she really can’t vote for one of them to either vote third party as a protest vote or skip that line on the ballot and vote for candidates further down the ballot that she likes.

I have a young co-worker [[about 23 years old) who proudly told me and others that she never voted. Not because of protest or any considered reasons, but because she didn't understand why people thought it to be important.

I told her that in 32 years of being old enough to vote, I have missed two non-consequential primaries only. She looked at me like I was crazy when I told her that I owed it to the people who died for me to have this right. Still on my soapbox, I told her that if some people were trying so hard to deny me my right to vote for the person/party of my choice, then it was all the more important that I do so.

The look on her face indicated that she still didn't understand. I'm hoping to hear her complaints some time down the line so I can thump her by saying "that's why your stupid *ss should have voted last year." I say this without respect to whoever will win.