[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson with Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings September 26, 2012

Proving that she's still got it! Here she is ,the lady herself, Ms. Mary Wilson! This is from just 2 nights ago in the Netherlands. Mary performing one of my favorites, "Don't Know Why":

I have visited the three nights Mary performed here in the Netherlands. She really enjoyed these performances. Mary sings seven songs during the concert. The crowd was very enthousiastic when Mary was introduced on stage.

I've uploaded one of the clips I made on YouTube

It was great seeing Mary perform

That is a great clip. Thanks Reflection

Quote Originally Posted by Reflections79 View Post
    I have visited the three nights Mary performed here in the Netherlands. She really enjoyed these performances. Mary sings seven songs during the concert. The crowd was very enthousiastic when Mary was introduced on stage.

I've uploaded one of the clips I made on YouTube

It was great seeing Mary perform
    Mary please stick with the standards that work with your voice and not the Holland, Dozier, Holland catalog.

I think Stop In The Name Of Love , Reflections, and Baby Love would go over much better for Mary if she sang them closer to the original instead of putting her own twist to them. Songs like My World Is Empty, You Keep Me Hangin On, and others Mary excell on imo.

Baby Love sounds OK but its a significantly different voice than the original and Mary's voice has lost some of it's range due to age.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Baby Love sounds OK but its a significantly different voice than the original and Mary's voice has lost some of it's range due to age.
    I disagree. Mary's voice is about the best it's been in her career. Strong, controlled and with the flexibility to sing just about any style of music including Jazz!

Here's Mary's take on "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" as she performed it here in New York:

smark21 Guest
    The 3 HDH Supremes songs that Mary just doesn’t do well with are Baby Love, Stop in the Name of Love and You Can’t Hurry Love. She is wise for her solo Supremes/oldies show to make Baby Love and Stop part of her audience participation Be A Supreme segment. That way the emphasis is on fun, not the vocal.

On the other hand, I think Mary does an outstanding job on My World is Empty Without You. And I wonder why doesn’t put Where Did Our Love Go back into her set list?
    Last edited by smark21; 10-04-2012 at 09:01 PM.

I enjoy Mary singing "Come See About Me" and yes she is totally together on "My World Is Empty Without You".