[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Japanese motown

Japanese motown

Is anyone interested in the number of Japanese= Motown reissues coming out in the next few weeks? Although I know a lot of us already have a lot of these releases already, There are some left field, unexpected titles like Finis Henderson, who recorded one fine LP for the legendary label. I also read Diana Ross' Baby It's Me is scheduled for release in Japan.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-25-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Yes, please post a list. I might be interested in some

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Yes, please post a list. I might be interested in some
    Here's a brief list, aside from Finis Henderson- nothing earth shaking here:
    Finis Henderson
    Diana Ross has 10 LPs including Baby It's Me, diana, the Boss
    Dance Party/Heat Wave
    Four Tops Second Album
    Sky's the Limit
    All Directions
    Down To Earth
    You're All I Need to Get By
    If I Were Your Woman
    Neither One Of Us
    Several Supremes' titles from WDOLG to Let the Sunshine In

What would be great would be if Universal released several classic Motown LPs in a boxed set like WEA has donewith many of its artists and BMG/Sony has done with Phil Spector and artists like Sam Cooke and Nina Simone . The Supremes are covered, but it would be great to have some of the early albums like Doin' Mickey's Monkey, Two Lovers, When I'm Alone I Cry, The Supremes Sing Country Western & Pop , etc. offered together in a raritiess boxed set.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-25-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Is anyone interested in the number of Japanese= Motown reissues coming out in the next few weeks? Although I know a lot of us already have a lot of these releases already, There are some left field, unexpected titles like Finis Henderson, who recorded one fine LP for the legendary label. I also read Diana Ross' Baby It's Me is scheduled for release in Japan.
    Where would one purchase these CD's?

Diana's "Ross" [[1978) album is also being released as part of this series. This is the first time this album will be on CD.

One Japanese retailer that has the titles available for pre-order is...

cdjapan.co.jp

They are trustworthy. I've ordered from them a couple of times.

You can also order these Japanese/Motown CDs from Dusty Groove America.It's been some time since I've ordered from CDJapan . I can't remember how long shipping took. But I hate waiting for discs to arrive from the UK and other foreign countries. It can take a while because they have to go through it to make sure it's not a bomb from some terroristic group and just a harmless CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    You can also order these Japanese/Motown CDs from Dusty Groove America.It's been some time since I've ordered from CDJapan . I can't remember how long shipping took. But I hate waiting for discs to arrive from the UK and other foreign countries. It can take a while because they have to go through it to make sure it's not a bomb from some terroristic group and just a harmless CD.
    CDJAPAN is about a two week turnaround to the US, sometimes a little less. 100% reliable. They also issue loyalty points to credit against future purchases, which translates into discounted or sometimes free shipping, depending on how much you buy.

Thanks 762rob. Another release I've found to be reissued is the Spinners 2nd Time Around.

They are expensive but I got Thelma Houston's Anyway You Like It and Temptations' Reunion.