[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thank you for playing "Don't Let It Rain On Me" John.

Happy Birthday Pam!

Thank you Scherrie and Freda

Thank you Scherrie, thank you Freda! For this great interview, and for all the incredibly wonderful music by both of you that has meant so much to me for so long.

Tone and I had tickets for RTL here in San Diego. We were heartbroken when the show was cancelled. The arena where they were to perform was nearly sold out. We just couldn't understand it. Thank you Scherrie for your insights, the way you explained things made perfect sense to me. Thanks again.

Great interview! I missed a bit of it. Did anything come up about how Cindy is? I know Jim is a friend of hers.

Thank you for having Jim, Scherrie, and Freda on the show. They were certainly in a festive mood by the end of the show.

Awesome interview John..... Shoot me a private message with your mailing address and I'll be happy to send you my extra copy of Cliff Richards Soulicious CD that Fredas on....

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Tone and I had tickets for RTL here in San Diego. We were heartbroken when the show was cancelled. The arena where they were to perform was nearly sold out. We just couldn't understand it. Thank you Scherrie for your insights, the way you explained things made perfect sense to me. Thanks again.
    yes i still cant believe we didnt get to see the show and how many years have already passed by. Awesome show Scherrie, Freda and Jim thank you so much...

Quote Originally Posted by JimBagley View Post
    Thank you for playing "Don't Let It Rain On Me" John.

Most welcome, Jim!!

Sorry, guys...thanks for your being there.....

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Great interview! I missed a bit of it. Did anything come up about how Cindy is? I know Jim is a friend of hers.
    Scherrie said, that Cindy came to see Scherrie's play this past weekend.

I have to sign off now John. I have testing early tomorrow morning. Thank you for a great show.

Jim

I have to sign off now John. I have testing early tomorrow morning. Thank you for a great show.

Jim
    night Jim good luck in the morning. Thanks for a great show JP. i am signing off too but will be lstening unitl the end. SDetroit keeps booting me ..

Jim
    Nighty night, Jim...thanks!

Oh, what a night! Great music right from the start. But that conversation with Scherrie and Freda was simply compelling, just riveting. You shied away from nothing. And neither did they. What an exchange! I was glued to the radio. And now, more great music. What a delicious show! Positively PepperPerrone. I'll have another slice, please. Loved hearing from Jim, too.

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    night Jim good luck in the morning. Thanks for a great show JP. i am signing off too but will be lstening unitl the end. SDetroit keeps booting me ..
    Thanks Tone.....take care!!!

Cindy and Scherrie
    Attachment 5430

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Oh, what a night! Great music right from the start. But that conversation with Scherrie and Freda was simply compelling, just riveting. You shied away from nothing. And neither did they. What an exchange! I was glued to the radio. And now, more great music. What a delicious show! Positively PepperPerrone. I'll have another slice, please. Loved hearing from Jim, too.

Bruce...thanks so much.....I can't wait to listen to the show in a few months to see what actually happened [[*smile).....

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    'Night to both of you. I'll be keeping a good thought for tomorow Jim.

Cindy and Scherrie
    Attachment 5430
    Oh, Joseph.............................thank you

Fantastic show thus far, MJ! I really enjoyed the interviews with Scherrie, Freda and Jim. I especially enjoyed hearing Scherrie's side of the Return To Love Tour.

Also, one small correction: Scherrie Payne's "Hope" was not recorded recently. It was recorded in the 80's and only released recently as a bonus track on the Let Yourself Go remixes single. It's a great track!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    I'm just exhausted from tonight's fabulous show. It was so wonderfully intense. I'm like that guy "my chiffon is wet darling, my chiffon is wet. . . ".

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Oh, Joseph.............................thank you
    Closing night of Scherrie's play.

Great show, John!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Fantastic show thus far, MJ! I really enjoyed the interviews with Scherrie, Freda and Jim. I especially enjoyed hearing Scherrie's side of the Return To Love Tour.

Also, one small correction: Scherrie Payne's "Hope" was not recorded recently. It was recorded in the 80's and only released recently as a bonus track on the Let Yourself Go remixes single. It's a great track!
    Thanks Carlo...and for the correction...I appreciate it!

I'm just exhausted from tonight's fabulous show. It was so wonderfully intense. I'm like that guy "my chiffon is wet darling, my chiffon is wet. . . ".

......my...my....and I KNOW what you mean!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Great show, John!

Well, George....how nice!!!! And thank you. So glad we could arrange things...I would hate to do the Oct 2 show without you.

Where can I find this piano version of Stoned Love? It's fantastic!

Thank you for the wonderful show, as always, Midnight Johnny!

Closing night of Scherrie's play.
    I would have posted it earlier, but in the excitement I forgot I had it!

Joseph, oh yes--Monte Rock III.

John, thank you so much. A truly thrilling evening of NIGHTFLIGHT.

thx much ss.

thx much ss.
    Your welcome.

I loved alternate version of Band of Gold!! Wish Scherrie didnt have to wait to put her p lay on again. I missed the RTL discussion. Can anyone share it? As she and Mary seemed to have mended fences Im assuming it wasnt too conflictual.

I loved alternate version of Band of Gold!! Wish Scherrie didnt have to wait to put her p lay on again. I missed the RTL discussion. Can anyone share it? As she and Mary seemed to have mended fences Im assuming it wasnt too conflictual.
    Luke...I'll try to encapsulate Scherrie's thoughts and feelings. She couldn't have said nicer things about Diana's professionalism and attitude toward Lynda and Scherrie, and that all the negative things that have been said about Diana have been totally wrong. She basically gave the history of the planning of the tour, that first it was a Diana tour and then someone suggested it become a Supremes reunion, with all of them, which Diana was all for. Members of the Supremes were to meet in NY for a photoshoot, but that got cancelled, due to a storm closing the NY airport. And she said the next thing she knew, negotiations that Diana's lawyers were attempting with Mary and Cindy fell through. She said Diana was saddened and tearful about Mary and Cindy not being part of the tour. Scherrie said nothing more about Mary and Cindy related to the RTL tour. She did talk about the wonderful experience RTL was up until when the show was cancelled due to an inability for the promoters to work out an agreement on exclusivity. She said Diana was most upset about not being able to continue the show, as it gave so many folks jobs who would lose them due to the cancellation. Scherrie was very kind, but candid about her memories of that experience.
    Hope this helps, Luke!
    John

Thx MJ. Keep up the great work!

Thx MJ. Keep up the great work!
    Thanks so much, Luke!

revvy Guest
    I just listened to the interview here:

https://soundcloud.com/motown_jim/jo...interview-with

Scherrie and Freda seem like delightful ladies. I just love how Scherrie states that Diana teared up during the RTL tour because Mary and Cindy couldn't be with them as "ONE" on stage. Boo hoo What a bunch of baloney. I wonder how come, Diana? Maybe because you and the promoters screwed them out of a fair deal? They [[all living Supremes) never were "ONE". Funny how she never cared about that before. Diana quote on 20/20: "I know in my heart it would be very hard for me to work with her onstage. At some point, I need to let go." Hmmm......

I am, however, glad that Scherrie's play was a sold-out success. She has earned that accolade as a terrific playwright.
    Last edited by revvy; 03-08-2013 at 11:57 AM.