[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    So no Yvonne Fair then?? Well, she never made the funeral. Thats what friends are for I guess!!!!..Paulo XXX

Im interested in reading what she says about Marlene Dietrich- not many people know she had a big romance with Burt early on in his career...

I finished reading the book this morning. As I posted earlier, there is nothing earth-shattering. And anyone looking for dirt
    will be very disappointed because there is none. No dissing. But IMO, the book is well done and far from boring. Not quite a tell-all, but that wasn't what I was expecting.
    Last edited by reese; 11-03-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Reese,
    I have to second what you said. Dionne was at B&N in New York City last night, so I went to see her [[autograph, pix, etc ...). I started reading it on the way home and it moves pretty quickly. Like you said, nothing earth-shattering thus far and no dirt, but well done.

Marc Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by mellow_q View Post
    Reese,
    I have to second what you said. Dionne was at B&N in New York City last night, so I went to see her [[autograph, pix, etc ...). I started reading it on the way home and it moves pretty quickly. Like you said, nothing earth-shattering thus far and no dirt, but well done.

Marc Taylor

Some people like those "who I slept with and who I hate"books."
    .I hear Keith Richards'' book is doing really well because he disses Mick Jagger. But I enjoy autobiographies in which the subject's have something to say about living and enjoying life, etc. I would have liked more information on Dionne's recordings over the years, session personnal, etc
    Like I just found out this year that she recorded a theme to a James Bond film that was not used for the film Thunderball. I like the James Bond franchise so I searched for the theme and eventually found it. I didn't know Dionne Warwick had recorded one.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-03-2010 at 04:06 PM.

I skimmed it in bookstore. Pleasant but not that interesting. Not sure how she feels she got Burt and Hal together again from what she described in book.

I would love to read about the great DIONNE WARWICK, She has always been a class act.
    Please stay positive

So no Yvonne Fair then..Paulo xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Plus she always handled things with class so I doubt any "tea" would be spilled as some folks would like to have happened. It's hard to believe it yes but '60s and '70s artists [[as well as artists from eras before then) were raised with a bit more class than those today.
    Dionne Warwick got some unexpected attention from Wendy Williams today when the talk show host mentioned Ms. Warwick's autobiography. However, Williams seemed annoyed that in the book Dionne blamed Bobby Brown for the drug problems her cousin Whitney Houston experienced.
    Basically, Williams said she was tired of people blaming Bobby Brown for Whitney's troubles, and she said Ms. Warwick couldn't talk about how clean or morally upstanding her family was because she had two affairs with men who were married. I bet Wendy Williams got a hot phone call from Dionne Warwick.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-12-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Dionne Warwick got some unexpected attention from Wendy Williams today when the talk show host mentioned Ms. Warwick's autobiography. However, Williams seemed annoyed that in the book Dionne blamed Bobby Brown for the drug problems her cousin Whitney Houston experienced.
    Basically, Williams said she was tired of people blaming Bobby Brown for Whitney's troubles, and she said Ms. Warwick couldn't talk about how clean or morally upstanding her family was because she had two affairs with men who were married. I bet Wendy Williams got a hot phone call from Dionne Warwick.
    In this case, Wendy really deserves the call because it is obvious that she didn't read the book.

Not once did Dionne blame Bobby for Whitney's troubles. She even wrote that she thought that they might still be together if it wasn't for other people's opinions, and that she wasn't privy to anything that went on in their marriage. She went on to say that Whitney got involved with things that were not a part of the lifestyle in which she was raised. But she didn't point fingers.

I counted one affair with a married man [[who did eventually divorce his wife), the actor Gianni Russo of THE GODFATHER fame, with whom she had a twelve-year relationship.

But Wendy's comments might result in some more book sales. It will be interesting to see what happens when / if Dionne appears on Wendy's show.
    Last edited by reese; 11-13-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    In this case, Wendy really deserves the call because it is obvious that she didn't read the book.

Not once did Dionne blame Bobby for Whitney's troubles. She even wrote that she thought that they might still be together if it wasn't for other people's opinions, and that she wasn't privy to anything that went on in their marriage. She went on to say that Whitney got involved with things that were not a part of the lifestyle in which she was raised. But she didn't point fingers.

I counted one affair with a married man [[who did eventually divorce his wife), the actor Gianni Russo of THE GODFATHER fame, with whom she had a twelve-year relationship.
    xBut Wendy's comments might result in some more book sales. It will be interesting to see what happens when / if Dionne appears on Wendy's show.
    Wendy Williams named Phillip Michael Thomas who had 1 or 2 other babymamas while with Dionne as well as that Gianni dude. Wendy forgot or didn't know about Isaac Hayes.
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 11-13-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    Wendy Williams named Phillip Michael Thomas who had 1 or 2 other babymamas while with Dionne as well as that Gianni dude. Wendy forgot or didn't know about Isaac Hayes.
    Yeah, I caught that one. In her book, Dionne didn't admit to any involvement with Isaac Hayes. However, Darlene Love wrote of it in her book.