[REMOVE ADS]

Atlantic Soul Legends : 20 Original Albums From The Iconic Atlantic Label

If you're just discovering Soul music for the first time this would'nt be a bad place to start, however I never imagined that when Sam Dees "The Show Must Go On" finally got released on CD, that I'd have to buy 19 other albums I don't particularly want or should I say I've already got the ones I want. Rhino certainly aren't the company they used to be. Oh well such is life [well this is a family board].

http://www.funku.fr/en/2012/atlantic...s-soul-boxset/

RCA/BMG and Sony has done this boxed set idea for some of its artists. I wish Universal would do this for Motown & Chess. I like the idea of releasing key albums in a set, but some of them I already own, so you are right - this might be ideal for new fans of soul music. WEA /Japan is also reissuing a lot of these albums plus more. I saw the price listed on AMAZON.COM as under $100.00 which is not bad for 20 albums.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-18-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Amazon UK have this set listed at £32.23, so I suppose that's better than $100.00.

Quote Originally Posted by mr soul View Post
    Amazon UK have this set listed at £32.23, so I suppose that's better than $100.00.
    How much in US dollars would 32.23 pounds translate into. Around $60.00?

Hi Kamasu,

According to Google $52.20. It looks like if you were interested Amazon UK might be the place to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr soul View Post
    Hi Kamasu,

According to Google $52.20. It looks like if you were interested Amazon UK might be the place to buy it.
    Mr.Soul, Amazon.com UK indeed has a good price on this set. Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and ordered it.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-20-2012 at 01:42 PM.

I use Amazon a lot as they promise that if you pre-order & the price goes down prior to release you get the lower price.

I just ordered this on Amazon UK it came to about $48.00 including shipping.

That's $2.40 an album
    They discount off the VAT [[Value added tax) they charge UK customers so it was about £29.00.

Since it is a pre-order it may go down even more.

Amazon US wanted $85.00 for the same thing.

Think I will be willing to pay the Amazon UK Price just for Sam Dees at long last after all these years! to replace my scratched copy.

The box set arrived about an hour ago Tuesday morning, it was due yesterday but what is 24 hours when you have waited so long to have Sam Dees "The Show Must Go on" on pure CD with no crackles or jumps or scratches.

Why I would like to know were we told for so many years the many stories about either problems with the studio tape or legal wrangles and then all of a sudden they can put it in a box set? I'm sure released in Japan as a CD album this would have sold worldwide just hope many more get to hear it now and are willing to pay the £30

Mine arrived yesterday, spent today ripping it to the computer. Maybe Volume 2 will be a little more adventurous, I'd have preferred any of Ben E King's 70's albums to the one included here, especially as it is readily available in the Classic Album's series.