[REMOVE ADS]

Black Ivory,etc..

Just a heads up to forum members in New York area...
    Thanks to friend of mine who works at the New York Public Library the
    situation with no Black Ivory releases in the library's catalogue will soon be remedied. Money had nothing to do with it, it was a simple oversight, the library is buying for both it's reference and circulating collections, books ,dvds and cds all the time. I've also been informed they will be filling
    other gaps including having jazz singer Gregory Porter and ethiopian legend Aster Aweke added too...Life is good......

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Just a heads up to forum members in New York area...
    Thanks to friend of mine who works at the New York Public Library the
    situation with no Black Ivory releases in the library's catalogue will soon be remedied. Money had nothing to do with it, it was a simple oversight, the library is buying for both it's reference and circulating collections, books ,dvds and cds all the time. I've also been informed they will be filling
    other gaps including having jazz singer Gregory Porter and ethiopian legend Aster Aweke added too...Life is good......
    How Sweet it is

Splanky,

I'm glad to see that this has been resolved for you. Just goes to show you the power of what one voice can do

I'm happy for you man!

Thanks Juice but it wasn't resolved for me but for all of the fans of these artists who depend
    on the public libraries for so much of their entertaimnent as well as educational resources.
    Not everyone has room in their residence just for vinyl and/or cds. Not everyone can buy
    5 or even one release every week or go to the movies everyday. Especially in New York
    with pricing soaring and salaries in most union jobs frozen. The libraries are a powerful tool
    to a lot of folks even if some here have never set foot in one. As for Black Ivory, I personally
    already have their stuff and as I have mentioned before, I grew up with Leroy Burgess
    singing in my building's elevator and lobby quite often. He never shut up

Great post,the library is such a vital sourch of information and it's great that black ivory will be added to the catalog,a great underrated group.

""As for Black Ivory, I personally
    already have their stuff and as I have mentioned before, I grew up with Leroy Burgess
    singing in my building's elevator and lobby quite often. He never shut up"

As well as you Splanky , Black Ivory and Leroy hold a special place in my heart. They were attendents of Dodge H.S here in the BX and I was a friend of one Carlton Jenkins who grew up in that bldg with the Aleems and Leroy just floors apart. Both Leroy and The Aleems were certified genius ,criminally under respected in the R&B genre. And you know that!!!! Them and Patrick Adams are one of the prides of Harlem [[The Drew) and the [[Up Town BX) , and are a force in the Dance Music and R&B genres that existed in the "pre-disco" era of modern music. Those were the days!!!!
    Last edited by daddyacey; 09-23-2012 at 12:52 AM.