[REMOVE ADS]

Live version of Somethings You Never get Used to.

Im hoping this is a safe question. but I have to ask has anyone ever heard the live version of Somethings You Never get Used to. From whai I heard Diana tears it up and Mary and Cindy really wails on it. and if anyone knows if a live version of it is around?

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Im hoping this is a safe question. but I have to ask has anyone ever heard the live version of Somethings You Never get Used to. From whai I heard Diana tears it up and Mary and Cindy really wails on it. and if anyone knows if a live version of it is around?
    I went to see diana ross and the supremes in the summer of 1968 at the forest hils tenniis stadium in ny they wore the black and white ink spot gowns and they did sing that song, mary and cindy used tambourines, and they nailed it. Diana sang the heck out of that tune as did mary and cindy on the bkg vocals.

honest man Guest
    I can only dream but would love to see that moment in time,if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I, too, would love to see/hear a live version of SYNGUT...

I would love to hear Diana tear into STYNGUT today as a bonus "lost classic" in her concert set. If we have to sacrifice something to take it's place, I say drop More Today Than Yesterday since the casual fans don't associate her with the tune.....

I would like to hear her do no matter what sign you are. Does anyone know if she sung it on the rtl tour.

Franjoy56, no Diana did not perform 'Some Things You Never Get Used To' on the RTL tour. She did sing 'Forever Came Today'. YEAHHHHHHHHH!!! One of my favorite Supremes' recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    I would love to hear Diana tear into STYNGUT today as a bonus "lost classic" in her concert set. If we have to sacrifice something to take it's place, I say drop More Today Than Yesterday since the casual fans don't associate her with the tune.....
    Not a complaint in the least, but I have wondered why MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY is such a mainstay in Diana's act -- and for so many years now. I know it was included in the I LOVE YOU CD, but there is no significant association of it with Miss Ross. There are SO-O-O many album tracks that would be far more exciting to fans -- I think! :-)

Examples: THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE, CARRY ON, HOME, SOMEONE THAT YOU LOVED BEFORE, I HEAR THE VOICE OF LOVE

We don't need to create a "wish list" here, but I am just saying' two or three out of the ordinary album tracks would be FUN!
    Last edited by longtimefan; 08-03-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Smile

Dear Miss Ross -

I'd like much less MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY because I can't get used to no SOME THINGS YOU NEVER GET USED TO.

And I'm not alone.

Thank you.
    Methuselah2
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 08-04-2014 at 03:35 AM.

It would be great if Ross would add a section of her show to a few of her recordings that she never performs live. Her show definitely gives the general public what it wants. But for diehard fans like myself, some out-of-the-ordinary tunes would be a huge rush. Maybe just 3 or 4 such tunes scattered throughout the show--but full versions, of course! That would be a wonderful and welcome breath of fresh air for a lot of those who attend.

" . . . it's wanting you . . . and not having you . . . I'll never get used to!"
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 08-03-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    It would be great if Ross would add a section of her show to a few of her recordings that she never performs live. Her show definitely gives the general public what it wants. But for diehard fans like myself, some out-of-the-ordinary tunes would be a huge rush. Maybe just 3 or 4 such tunes scattered throughout the show--but full versions, of course! That would be a wonderful and welcome breath of fresh air for a lot of those who attend.

" . . . it's wanting you . . . and not having you . . . I'll never get used to!"
    That would be a dream come true. There are songs like "Telephone" she only did in certain cities because a friend send me a CD.

But as far as The Supremes, I got my dreams realized in 2000 including "In and Out of Love" which I always loved. To have her sing and it almost felt personal was too much.
    "Does Your Momma Know About Me", "[[He's My) Sunny Boy", "Ask Any Girl", "Always in my Heart", "Bah-Bah-Bah"......on and on. That would be a bucket list of "your wildest fantasies come true"!!!

It's pretty cool to see Luther and her as the main picture on Luther's Wikipedia page. He was there opening night and closing night. That's saying something about the magic of The Supremes catalog.
    Last edited by Bokiluis; 08-03-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Back in the day I wasn't keen on 'Somethings You Never get Used To' but now I love it. Seems odd that it wasn't promoted on the Ed Sullivan Show. It's the missing link!

Isn't there a live version of this song on live from the talk of the town ? I am pretty.sure I have heard a live version somewhere

In the meantime, here's a fascinatin' & fun remix recently posted on YouTube by William Williamm. Accompanied by a photo that's new to me. Thank you William--very enjoyable.

Look'a here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZiv1dDaYQc

I have never heard a live version of this song, and it's not on TALK OF THE TOWN lp. they never performed this on Sullivan.sadly
    when I saw Diana in atlantic city 2yrs agoshe sang HARD FOR ME TO SAY and nailed it the audience loved It.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I have never heard a live version of this song, and it's not on TALK OF THE TOWN lp. they never performed this on Sullivan.sadly
    when I saw Diana in atlantic city 2yrs agoshe sang HARD FOR ME TO SAY and nailed it the audience loved It.
    David....I know....I don't believe any live version exists...but it's a nice wish....

The fans who went to see the supremes in the summer of 68 I guess were the only ones to witness hearing them perform stungut because by the fall of sept of 69, when I saw them at westbury ny with my boyfriend the only drats songs they sang were reflections, love child, igmulm and in and out of love. No livin in shame , no matter what, stungut or fct, all were dropped.

i would guess, and just guessing here, that buried within the vaults at motown are countless live recordings. they recorded stuff all the time, though not always with the intention of releasing as an album. so it's very possible that Somethings, Composer, No Matter, maybe even Buttered Popcorn, etc are in there somewhere. there could be versions that aren't too bad that they could include on subsequent Expanded Editions or L&F.

i mean, look at the Meet Sups Expanded Edition and WDOLG. we got live versions of I Want A Guy and Breathtaking.

andy?

"The Composer" and "No Matter What Sign You Are" were never included in the live act. "I'm Living In Shame" was only in the show for a short time as Diana didn't like singing the song. "Forever Came Today" was also in the show for a short time. In fact, they debuted the song in their live act March 12, 1968 at the Cleveland Music Hall.

I saw the group do the song live three times in 1968 and each time I felt it lacked something essential. The stage band couldn't really find a groove and the song was received with only polite applause. It looked and sounded like everyone onstage was swimming upstream with all their might but just couldn't quite put it over. Although I do like the song, at base it lacks hooks and sort of rambles all around without really going anywhere.
    Last edited by BigAl; 08-05-2014 at 06:31 PM.