[REMOVE ADS]

Darryls House - Darryl Hall of Hall and Oates fame.

I know most of you are probably familiar with this site but for those of you who are not. It is incredible. I am not the kind of person who normally enjoys seeing musicians have jam sessions or acoustic outings but I have to say this is one site I could watch all day long. Some of the songs you hear sound better than the originals. His site has them and youtube does as well when they did Backstabbers by the Ojays I was blown away. For those who think Mr Oates was another version of Andrew Ridgely in WHAM they are sadly mistaken. I have seen clips of John O singing solo and he is a very good singer. In retrospect now that I think about it he was a great compliment to Darryls voice and I think some people forget that.
    Here is one of my favorite moments from Darryls house. Awesome its Miss you by Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes. I never thought anyone could do this song like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDFaU...eature=related

They did a jazz set that was video recorded from a San Francisco jazz house. They totally redid all of their classics and it was nothing short of phenomenal. I've always been a fan of Hall & Oates, but I didn't know they had chops like that. I've got to find that concert on Amazon. I'll try to find the name of it.

After watching the video, I'm convinced that they are enjoying retirement by getting better at their craft. Who does that? Usually, if my respect grows for a band after they've stopped recording, it's because I missed something they did previously, not because they continue to get better after the fact. Truly a remarkable duo.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 09-03-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Did he sing lead when he was in the Temptones [[Arctic; 1967/68) ??

Thanks Steph. Great rendition.

Shhhhh, Darryl's House has been an open secret among musicians for years now. I did see where one of the independent broadcast stations is going to start airing segments of it in a couple of weeks. I hope this doesn't ruin the core concept. They've had some incredible combinations of players. This show has been pure joy.

Quote Originally Posted by chidrummer View Post
    They've had some incredible combinations of players. This show has been pure joy.
    You're right Chi, I've just saw a couple of them and they're great !

I really enjoyed the show with Smokey Robinson : http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/c....html?ep_id=23

You can see all the shows on their home Page [[Episode Archive on the right)

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/

Thank you Stephanie! This is great!!

It's really a great show. I've enjoyed the collaborations with legends as well as new guys like Mayer Hawthorne and Jason Mraz. The episode with Smokey was excellent. It's a top notch show.

Hey, good news for those of you who'd like to see Live At Darryl's House on Cable and On-Air television. The premere is tonight at 10pm [[CDT)for the HD format on live music cable channel, Palladia. LADH follows the premiere of the equally cool Later with Jools Holland.

There's also an over-the-air version available in most of the major markets. Check for your area here:
    http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/airdates.html

I'm a BIG Rumer fan, so the new episode caught my attention immediately. But then, the vast majority of the shows have been so good that they haven't caught my attention. A very good project involving very good musicians.....

From the few episodes I've seen, I've decided that Daryl Hall can jam with just about ANYBODY!!

Best,

Mark