[REMOVE ADS]

R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan [[December 10, 1957 - September 3, 2012

One of the most distinguished actors that I've ever encountered.

Sad, sad news. He struck me to be a dignified gentleman who enjoyed life and [[in my opinion) probably deserved more of it. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

This is a shock. He was nominated for an Academy Award for the film "Green Mile". I did enjoy his work. Great actor. Rest in peace Michael.

I meant to comment on this earlier...I was very saddened by this lost and 54 is too damn young for such a talented and from all accounts that I've heard genuinely great guy to be
    dying. I loved this cat's work and wanted a longer career and life for him. My thought remain with his friends and family. RIP, Michael...

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by this, but he started out as a bodyguard for guys like Jay-Z. He was a little bit of a late bloomer as an actor, but he sure caught on fast, and I enjoyed what I saw of his work. RIP, Michael, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by this, but he started out as a bodyguard for guys like Jay-Z. He was a little bit of a late bloomer as an actor, but he sure caught on fast, and I enjoyed what I saw of his work. RIP, Michael, and thank you...

Best,

Mark
    By "guys like Jay Z" you must mean rappers, I guess but if I remember
    correctly Michael bodyguarded Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and The Notorius Big. It was after Big was killed that he quit the business in 97 and Jay Z's
    career was still in it's infancy. He couldn't have afforded and didn't even
    need a bodyguard back then...