[REMOVE ADS]

Joan Osborne-Have I been misjudging this girl?

A few minutes ago, I was sitting here answering e-mails as I do every night, with my Pandora shuffle feature entertaining me in the background. All of a sudden, this rollicking barrelhouse blues song exploded out of my computer to the point that I had to stop what I was doing and see just who and what it was.

Much to my surprise it was none other than Joan Osborne with a song entitled "Rhymes". Previously the only song I knew by her was that somewhat bland but yet still catchy number entitled "One of Us" from about 20 years ago. This was so radically different from that song that I could not believe what I was hearing!

Needless to say, I will do some further checking but am I about to add a new blues diva to my collection that I could have had all along, or was this song really the exception to her rule?

Oh Joan Osborne is BADDD! I had the pleasure of seeing her sing live in concert with the Funk Brothers and Mary Wilson here in New York a few years ago. She knocks "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted" outta the park!

I agree
    Joan Osborne
    singing Brokenhearted
    is my fav all time song
    edafan

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh Joan Osborne is BADDD! I had the pleasure of seeing her sing live in concert with the Funk Brothers and Mary Wilson here in New York a few years ago. She knocks "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted" outta the park!
    I too had the pleasure of seeing Joan live in concert and, believe me, that that lady is one BADDD SISTER!!!

Oh yeah, this lady is bad! She's playing the City Winery here in a few weeks and again in October. Check out the single from the new album:

Go to YouTube and see the fabulous work Joan's been doing for YEARS. Shoot, she belongs on UNSUNG.

Bettye has worked with Joan on several occasions at the Theatre Within yearly John Lennon Tribute Shows in NY. Besides her singing ability, she is also a nice person. Here's a video that someone captured.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuLbWsgifg

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    A few minutes ago, I was sitting here answering e-mails as I do every night, with my Pandora shuffle feature entertaining me in the background. All of a sudden, this rollicking barrelhouse blues song exploded out of my computer to the point that I had to stop what I was doing and see just who and what it was.

Much to my surprise it was none other than Joan Osborne with a song entitled "Rhymes". Previously the only song I knew by her was that somewhat bland but yet still catchy number entitled "One of Us" from about 20 years ago. This was so radically different from that song that I could not believe what I was hearing!

Needless to say, I will do some further checking but am I about to add a new blues diva to my collection that I could have had all along, or was this song really the exception to her rule?
    Joan appeared in the movie "Standing In The Shadow Of Motown", where she performs several songs live in concert.