[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Nightflight" Tue Aug 28, 9P-12M/ET:The Jackson's "Pearls" Premiere & Harry W LIVE!

Howdy there, Folks! Tonight I have a HUGE show for you! Our friend, Harry Weinger, VP of A&R of UME is again allowing "Nightflight" to air a yet to be released Motown treat..."The Jackson 5-Come And Get It-The Rare Pearls"...one day shy of the late Michael Jackson's birthday. This beautiful set of unreleased tracks, produced by Deke Richards, will make you shake your head and wonder why were they put in the vaults. Deke co-wrote and produced many of the Jackson 5's material as well as many great Motown tracks.
    As if that wasn't enough, Harry is sharing more surprises....but we'll talk about that later.
    So do join me...and Harry...for all this and more...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 Fm Orleans and we are streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org
    Thanks so much to Harry for allowing "Nightflight' to premiere all this wonderful, and rare...Motown!
    Thanks All!
    John

..............Name:  Jackson-5-Come-And-Get-It-The-Rare-Pearls.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  22.3 KB

Got my pearls on already, John.
    Show sounds extra rare tonight.
    Yummy.

This sounds wonderful! Is wearing a pearl necklace appropriate for this occasion?

Hey John,

Look forward to the show Whenever you "Get It Together" with Harry it makes me want to "Hum Along And Dance." hehe.

I just crossed my fingers and toes in hopes that instead of a Cellarful of Motown Harry found a Hall Closet of Brenda Holloway, a Septic Tank of Supremes, or a Tool Shed of Temptations.....

Bruce, Mary B and Glen....GLAD you'll be here! And you can wear anything you like....or nothing at all [[*grin)!!!!

Looking forward... "Come and Get It!"

Good job for this John.

Mary, get out the earrings.

I am nearly at the end of Randy Tarraborelli's book, The Music, The Magic, The Madness, the Whole Story, about Michael Jackson............what a life.

Looking forward to a great show, John. I love the Jacksons [[Millie and Mahalia are my favorites!). And it seems that we are going to have a very well dressed crowd as well, pearls galore! I will have on what I always have on when I listen to Nightflight - the radio . . . radio . . . See you on the air my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    I just crossed my fingers and toes in hopes that instead of a Cellarful of Motown Harry found a Hall Closet of Brenda Holloway, a Septic Tank of Supremes, or a Tool Shed of Temptations.....
    . . . or a cupboard of Carolyn Crawford, a kitchen full of Kim Weston, a commode of Chris Clark, a tub of Tammi Terrell . . .

...or a ladleful of Lewis Sisters......

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    ...or a ladleful of Lewis Sisters......
    . . . but just a ladleful! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    . . . but just a ladleful! LOL!!
    ....absolutely....but we do love them TERRIBLY.....

We really could do a series at this rate... Dont forget a Fort of Four Tops, a Mini Van of Vandellas, Motel of Miracles, Market of Marvelettes, and a Clothes Closet of Contours....
    Last edited by Glenpwood; 08-28-2012 at 08:37 PM.

. . . an alcove of Elgins, a sink of Spinners, a garage of Gladys Knight, a jug of Jr. Walker, a urinal of Undisputed Truth . . .

And now to get back on topic......

Just finished playing "Come And Get It" and want to extend much appreciation to Harry, Deke, Kevin, Andy, and everyone else involved in putting together this amazing set. This is no B Sides collection. You could swap a lot of these songs out on the original albums and still get the same quality listening experience. The booklet and photos are fabulous too. The cover of Mama Told Me Not To Come with the group interplay on it is exceptional.

Just one question for Harry if he doesn't mind sharing.... Since this set is focused mainly on the Corporation years will we see a volume two at some point covering the post Skywriter/1973 era? [[if quality outtakes exist that is)

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    . . . or a cupboard of Carolyn Crawford, a kitchen full of Kim Weston, a commode of Chris Clark, a tub of Tammi Terrell . . .
    I'd bet everyone that bought a Tub of Tammi Terrell would be pouring over it to make sure it wasn't actually a Vacation Cottage of Valerie Simpson.......

Me.... I'll be fully dressed because I'll be wearing a smile of appreciation for all that Harry, Andy, George, Deke etc. do for us. I'm sure it'll be a fabulous night of listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    I'd bet everyone that bought a Tub of Tammi Terrell would be pouring over it to make sure it wasn't actually a Vacation Cottage of Valerie Simpson.......
    That Valerie Simpson Vacation Cottage is actually a Tammi Terrell Townhouse. I know there's some dispute . . .

Is the Tammi Terrell Townhouse next door to the Marvin Gaye Bathhouse by chance? I'd go see Bette Midler there.....

Yes! Has anyone seen my keys and towel?
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 08-28-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Ooo-wee. I see The Alliterati are in full swing tonight. First cousins of the Sizzlin' Sampler. You guys are workin' it. For all it's worth.

Ya know, Carole, they say you're not fully dressed unless you're wearing a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Ya know, Carole, they say you're not fully dressed unless you're wearing a smile.
    You got my point.

For those of us unable to listen live, will someone kindly post Harry's "surprises" as he makes them? Thanks in advance ... Fans helping fans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    For those of us unable to listen live, will someone kindly post Harry's "surprises" as he makes them? Thanks in advance ... Fans helping fans!!!
    LTF...I'm sure we will!!! Sorry you can't listen....

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Will do. Fans don't let other fans not know what the surprises are.

Ooo-wee. I see The Alliterati are in full swing tonight. First cousins of the Sizzlin' Sampler. You guys are workin' it. For all it's worth.
    Glad you're back Bruce, we missed you.

Personally, I feel that Chris Clark and [[that) the Undisputed Truth don't deserve to have their Motown output placed in the locations to which they have been designated tonight.

Speaking of garages, Joseph, Smokey's first tune about Detroit's auto industry was THE LOVE I SAW IN YOU WAS JUST A GARAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Personally, I feel that Chris Clark and [[that) the Undisputed Truth don't deserve to have their Motown output placed in the locations to which they have been designated tonight.
    I apologize if I offended you. It was just a joke.

Speaking of garages, Joseph, Smokey's first tune about Detroit's auto industry was THE LOVE I SAW IN YOU WAS JUST A GARAGE.
    I thought it was "Shop Around"!

I know it was just a joke... however it just seemed out of place that bathroom humor would be used by a fan to describe Motown stars. Apology accepted.
    How about upright dresser/bureau for the Undisputed Truth and cabinet of Chris Clark?

Hey folks, I am running late, just back from a nice family dinner, will call in as soon as I can...

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    Hey folks, I am running late, just back from a nice family dinner, will call in as soon as I can...
    OK Harry...thanks for posting.....

hi everybody

I am checking in with the live stream - I hear nuttin'... is all well up there?

We're all getting the stream Harry, Never Had A Dream Come True is on....

Quote Originally Posted by patty tomato View Post
    hi everybody
    Hi Patty Tomato!

I am here, I hear the show via the web, I don't hear John on the phone, sorry gang, I'll hang in there until we get it sorted.

How prophetic... Harry says he's here and you, John, say 'I'll Be There'

Although I don't have any experience in internet radio hook-ups, I wonder...
    Does Harry dial your number or do you dial his? Does it make any difference?
    Why not try the reverse and see if it makes any difference?

John, I know you're having
    technical difficulties but the music sounds great. Play on!

Joseph, I think your towel is on eBay.

Let's hope that this time the hook-up is a 'Sure thing'!

Great lead-in question, Johnny, you sly fox.

A Breath Taking, First Sight Soul Shaking, One Night Love Making, Next Day Heart Breaking Guy

yay it worked

Joseph, I think your towel is on eBay.
    Yikes!

I'm assuming the finger snaps are being supplied by you Johnny. I can imagine it now... John Perrone & The Jackson 5's Greatest Collaborations