[REMOVE ADS]

Ordered Spinners "Truly Yours" CD ... taking forever

I like to support our impressive local record store, ordered the new Spinners re-issue, "Truly Yours" three weeks ago, still haven't received it. The clerk said it's an import so it's taking awhile. Anyone have similar problems? Usually I get my CD orders in a week, not a month.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    I like to support our impressive local record store, ordered the new Spinners re-issue, "Truly Yours" three weeks ago, still haven't received it. The clerk said it's an import so it's taking awhile. Anyone have similar problems? Usually I get my CD orders in a week, not a month.
    I order from merchants overseas [[via the net) or music sellers over the internet. They mail direct. In this case, I ordered my Spinners' disc from Amazon UK. I've had my copy since June or early July.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-14-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Tsull ..

I ordered my copy from Amazon.co.uk in mid June and it finally turned up here in sunny East London around the end of last week [[Thursday I think).

There have been a couple of threads here about what caused the hold-up [[faulty discs being found in the first batch produced) and it is about a month since we told this had now been corrected, so it seems there must be a backlog of orders yet to be cleared and therefore delivery to we SPINNERS fans is taking more time than we have come to expect.

One thing I can say is that the C.D. was well worth the wait, I have a vinyl copy of the "Original Spinners" L.P., and I already had many of the tracks on C.D. but it was great to hear the remaining tracks in crystal clear C.D. sound .. plus, of course, the previously unreleased tracks, the highlight of which for me was their original [[and vaulted) version of "Just Another Guy", a song I already knew from the verions by THE O'JAYS and STAGE IV.

Roger

Got it! Well worth the wait, some outstanding tunes, especially the second half of the album on the unreleased or semi-unknown cuts. I'm really enjoying it! Bobby Smith is outstanding on this album.