[REMOVE ADS]

Funeral for Sherman Helmsley

It will take place in his hometown of Philadelphia on Thursday, August 16th at Deliverance Evangelistic Church @ 21st & Lehigh Avenues. Viewing is from 9-11 with the funeral immediately following. His cousin whose a minister will be delivering the eulogy. I live @ 2 blocks from Deliverance and hopefully, I'll be able to view him before going to work. Deliverance is a mega church here. Just thought I would share......

Went to view his body and the funeral is cancelled! The sign read, "The Funeral for Sherman Helmsley has been cancelled. Sorry for the inconvenience." Hope it wasn't a money issue.

Maybe it was a privacy issue.

Skooldem, why would it be in the paper and on the news if it was a privacy issue? Anyway, I hope he rests in peace.

The reason is family members are disputing claims that the minister is related to Hemsley
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...166358896.html

Thanks for clearing that up for me P-Shark.

I remember watching the news and there was a story on Redd Foxx's funeral. They showed Flip Wilson doing the eulogy. And I was thinking hey this guy looked nothing like Flip. It turned out the guy was an imposter.
    http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...ewsmakers.html