[REMOVE ADS]

Aren't these the same episodes that were shown on VH1? I was hoping that some of the clips that haven't been used there or on the dvds already released would be featured.

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Aren't these the same episodes that were shown on VH1? I was hoping that some of the clips that haven't been used there or on the dvds already released would be featured.
    I caught the last hour of this show over the weekend. It seemed to be one of the VH1 episodes, but slightly updated.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I caught the last hour of this show over the weekend. It seemed to be one of the VH1 episodes, but slightly updated.
    There wasn't much new to this particular show - especially in terms of Motown - most of those performers are featured on other DVDS. However, I did enjoy the performances by LuLu and the Friends of Distinction.

Did they mix up the early Supremes history? I am watching it now, and a voice over says this:

In the late fifties, four young girls in Detroit formed a group that would soon become The Supremes. Diana Ross was not one of those girls. In the beginning the group was made up of Mary Wilson, Florence Ballad and two other girls. But when one member dropped out to concentrate on her homework, neighborhood friend Diana Ross was asked to join. When the fourth girl left to get married, The Supremes, the greatest girl group of all time.

I thought Diana was one of the original Primettes with Flo, Mary and Betty and then Betty left and was replaced with Barbara. I never heard of a fourth Primette before Diana

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Did they mix up the early Supremes history? I am watching it now, and a voice over says this:

In the late fifties, four young girls in Detroit formed a group that would soon become The Supremes. Diana Ross was not one of those girls. In the beginning the group was made up of Mary Wilson, Florence Ballad and two other girls. But when one member dropped out to concentrate on her homework, neighborhood friend Diana Ross was asked to join. When the fourth girl left to get married, The Supremes, the greatest girl group of all time.

I thought Diana was one of the original Primettes with Flo, Mary and Betty and then Betty left and was replaced with Barbara. I never heard of a fourth Primette before Diana
    I caught this as well. In the James Haskins book on Diana, he wrote that Diana replaced another member, and that's how she joined the group.

But I don't think this is true. Flo, Mary, and Diana have each written and/or spoke about how the group started, and none of them ever mentioned that Diana wasn't there from the very beginning.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

I’ve seen that clip with the erroneous info about the group’s history. Seems like the fact checker for the compilation wasn’t in the room when that part of the script was written and recorded.