[REMOVE ADS]

The Four Tops - "Midnight Flower" Soul Train 1974!

The Four Tops were one of those extra special groups that were able to change with the times, simply glide through the decades and maintained such a high quality recording catalog. Here they are in 1974 performing their then current hit, "Midnight Flower". They were tremendous!

This performance sounds like they upped the pitch on tape, but I love this song! Written, arranged, and co-produced by McKinley Jackson!

Quote Originally Posted by drewschultz88 View Post
    This performance sounds like they upped the pitch on tape, but I love this song! Written, arranged, and co-produced by McKinley Jackson!
    Hey Drew. I also noticed something different with the sound. It sounds like they are singing live over a pre-recorded tape. In any case they still sound fantastic! Those harmonies cannot be beat.

"Midnight Flower, you got the power. Let me buy the things you do darling for just one hour........"

This was the nicest song I'd ever heard about prostitution! LOL! But hey, I was just a kid in Jr. High, what did I know? hehehehehehe.........