[REMOVE ADS]

Jimmy Jones, 'Handy Man' singer , dies at 82

I bought his Handy Man record when I was a kid. It was a big hit. But my favorite by him was the follow-up Good Timin'

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...12?sac=fo.life

By the way, with the new changes at SDF with advertising, I also notice that we can only add one video to post. Below is Jimmy Jones biggest hit.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  21.1 KB
    My favourite cut by him is "Lover", as the lead singer of The Pretenders.

I loved that song! There is a clip of him performing it on Dick Clark's Saturday Night Beechnut Show. I will try to find it. Rest in peace Jimmy and thanks man!

Marv

Here it is Marv. I loved that show. I just looked at a list of some of the shows. Wow. Each show had at least five big stars of the rock era. No wonder I loved it so much. Whatever happened to Beech Nut Gum? I haven't seen it in years.

Here Jimmy is in 1960 on the Dick Clark Saturday Night Beechnut Show workin' it to his hit "Handy Man":

Milven, you can still buy Beech Nut gum... it's hard to find, you might have to get it online. But they still make it. Jimmy's songs were so great and fun! I think he desreved even more success than he had, he was a real good performer.

Milven, you beat me to it! LOL! Interesting, at least to me, the last show aired on the day I was born!

The guy recorded for long after those two big hits...he was a label-hopper for most of the '60s and made some great, underrated sides. RIP, Jimmy, and thank you...

Best,

Mark