[REMOVE ADS]

WDAS Philly -- 1960's

I have been checking on-line for info on WDAS back in the 60's.
    I know the likes of Jimmy Bishop, Butterball & Jocko were DJ's at the station but just about all I can find is info on how the stn went from playing classical to rock when Hy Lit took over programming in 1968. After a ig bust up over the playing of 'drug related' songs, the stn went classic soul in 1971.
    Is the stn that is detailed above WDAS-FM and all the soul jocks in the 60's were on WDAS-AM ??
    Who were the other soul [[& gospel) DJ's on the station in the mid to late 60's [[Carl, Larry, Kae).
    Was Louisse Williams still the gospel DJ on the stn in the mid 60's ??
    By all accounts, listeners from miles away would tune into the stn & a great many tunes were 'broken' by it's soul DJ's.

I heard last week that Butterball very recently passed away.

R.I.P. Butterball ...........
    but I'm still after info on other Philly soul DJ's such as Jimmy Bishop [[his DJ'ing work) , Carl Helm, Larry Daly, Cannonball, Lord Fauntleroy, Perry Johnson & Kae Williams [[who I believe also worked for rival stn WHAT).

Sonny Hopson was there also. I have an aircheck with him on it.

Lots of Philly radio DJ's ran their own record labels [[inspired I guess by the likes of Dick Clark & his business affairs that were spun off from his TV work).
    Jimmy Bishop's Arctic label was I'd guess the most high-profile of these companies.