[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Rockin Stockholm

From last year.... this performance just kicks butt!!!

VG! Lois doesnt play either!

I hope Roberta gets to see this. She would just love it. I think she might be on her Christian mission right now though.

Penny

Martha is just a natural born entertainer/singer. Put her on any stage, anywhere and she gets down! Go on Martha!

I have some reservations about Mr Gordy but I must say when they put Ms Reeves and Mary Wilson they give a show and sing and not tons of costume changes. Both of them took advantage of Artist Development.

even when you watch the old Motortown Revue clip of Martha & the Vandellas doing "Come & Get These Memories" you see how Martha really takes command of the stage & has that natuaral charisma that can not be taught.

Very true and when shes on shes on ...I wonder why she fluctuates per performance, at least the quality of her voice.

At least her voice doesn't sound as warbly as it can at time.

Before The Supremes hit big, I was first drawn to Martha Reeves and The Vandellas with "Come and Get These Memories" and "Heatwave". "Dancing in the Street" was released about a month after "Where Did Our Love Go".

Ms. Maxine Powell's Artist Development courses surely helped to refine some of the rawer talent. Beans Bowles on Motown 40, I believe it was, used Gladys Horton's stage presence to demonstrate how many of the Motown acts benefited from those courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    At least her voice doesn't sound as warbly as it can at time.

Before The Supremes hit big, I was first drawn to Martha Reeves and The Vandellas with "Come and Get These Memories" and "Heatwave". "Dancing in the Street" was released about a month after "Where Did Our Love Go".

Ms. Maxine Powell's Artist Development courses surely helped to refine some of the rawer talent. Beans Bowles on Motown 40, I believe it was, used Gladys Horton's stage presence to demonstrate how many of the Motown acts benefited from those courses.
    Dr. Bowles was referring to Georgette [[Georgeanna Tillman) of the Marvelettes about her chewing gum and staring up at the balcony........LOL!

I am bumping this thread to the top of the list. I see that Roberta is back online and I know how much she loves Martha Reeves. She will love this video and I didn't want her to miss it.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I am bumping this thread to the top of the list. I see that Roberta is back online and I know how much she loves Martha Reeves. She will love this video and I didn't want her to miss it.

Penny
    Thank you my dear Penny. I just love this clip. Nobody puts on a show like the First Lady of Motown Miss Martha Reeves. Her orange/red dress is beautiful, her skin is glowing and youthful and her voice is stronger and better than ever. I love Miss Martha and so does this audience.

Thank you for this.

Your, with every good wish.

Roberta