[REMOVE ADS]

Computer Question, Any Help will be appreciated...

Des, or anyone else who knows how to fix this...

Okay, a few years back while dealing with a major upheaval in my personal life my computer, a Dell
    with Windows XP crashed on me. While I was able to get it to recover, I lost some components and
    actually didn't even notice it for a while. It was a very stressful time for me and so I wasn't exactly in the mood to use those features. Them being my sound recorder and my solitaire games. What I found
    was my entertainment folder in the Accesories tab completely emptied out. Nothing I've tried fixes it and I can't find a trace of either feature on my computer. I did find ms paint but I rarely used that anyway.
    In the immortal words of The Beatles....HELP!!!!!!!

thanks in advance...

I'm going to assume that you can't Run either of these applications.

If you know how to use Windows Explorer [[the desktop/file thingy and not Internet Explorer)......Click into the Windows folder, probably on the C: drive and go into the top right Search area and type:

sol.exe for solitaire and SNDREC32.exe for sound Recorder.

Or....go the command prompt and type each one of these in.....and see if they run.

Pls let me know if I'm on the right track or if you need more detailed assistance.

if the above fails try these downloads...

http://www.filename.info/f/sol.exe.html

http://gbatemp.net/topic/86788-i-need-the-sndrec32exe/

i search for downloads on the respective file names destruction gave in previous post,hope it helps

if those arent suitable.just google "free download for" sol.exe and sndrec32.exe and look for the "XP FILE" type

I couldn't find sol.exe or SYNDREC32.exe with the command prompt this morning. I'm at work now so I'll try the other suggestions when I get home tonight. Thanks guys...

Just a gentle reminder here to always back up your personal files just in case something happens.

these files are part of the OS package.these should be there when you restore

Couldn't restore, Tamla. It was too far back. Both files were in an i386 folder which is completely gone from my computer. The thing came with XP Service pack 3 pre-installed
    and no disk just a note saying one wasn't neccessary, just contact Dell support if ever there
    was a problem . Only thing is my warranty expired and can't be renewed online so I can't get
    anything as far as support or free downloads from microsoft. Basically I'd say I'm sh*t outta
    luck which I'm kinda bummed about but thanks anyway everyone. As a man once said,
    anything you weren't born with
    you can learn to live without...
    O well.....

A good rule is that if you are going to buy a name brand Windows computer, create a restore disc from the tools provided with the OS.

I build my own desktops, so I always have a builders/OEM Windows disc available. For my laptop, I simply created those restore discs.