[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Supremes at the Copa still rockin' Thanks George and Andy.

I got my copy of the Supremes at the Copa almost 2 weeks ago, and I am enjoying every minute of the
    double cd, inspite of my comments previously aired, I would like to thank both George Solomon and Andy skruw for putting together a fantabulous project. I have loved the Supremes at the Copa ever since the day I received it as a Christmas present from my mom in Dec of 1965.

I have a few observations, on the 2nd CD why is it that Flo's vocals are hardly audible, on some tracks, and it seems like Mary is singing along with Diana on many of the tracks here, on others Mary & Flo's blend is fabulous. Is it true that Flo did not perform a verse on Enjoy Yourself is because she did not [[want to) learn the song. On the other hand on the bonus tracks on Disc One Diana Mary & Flo stand out fabulously on all of the tracks on the bonus tracks disc 1, and on the original album mastered onto Cd Flo is heard more where Mary is not.

All in all I love this album no matter how I play it, disc 2 has grown on me, and I thank you guys for putting together a great project the main point is this: both opening songs on both discs "From this Moment On" disc 2 and "Put on a Happy Face" disc 1 represent the original supremes at their best, Diana Mary & Flo in unison singing greatly. This appears to be the last great Supremes performance as a group on record before, Diana Ross got her closeup in the group. This album also represented a great moment in musical history for a record company that made the entertainment world take notice of its flagship group THE Supremes in a time when black artists were still at the crossroads.
    Last edited by franjoy56; 07-18-2012 at 05:26 PM.