[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: HDH question

HDH question

Well, two really. Can anyone produce a listing of H-D-H compositions in order of worldwide record sales and / or how often they are played on the radio? Does anyone keep these types of records?

Also, when one of their compositions is played on the radio [[which must happen non-stop) how much is earned and by whom? It would be fascinating to know how many times an hour one of their songs is being played or downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by diktatorship View Post
    Well, two really. Can anyone produce a listing of H-D-H compositions in order of worldwide record sales and / or how often they are played on the radio? Does anyone keep these types of records?

Also, when one of their compositions is played on the radio [[which must happen non-stop) how much is earned and by whom? It would be fascinating to know how many times an hour one of their songs is being played or downloaded.
    I would imagine HDH's publishers would have access to that information. I think in the UK they go through Warner Chappell for the Invictus/Hot Wax/Music Merchant repertoire and obviously Jobete [[via EMI I think) for their Motown repertoire.

Ian D

In the UK, I would guess it will be 8 x Motown tracks [[4 Tops, Supremes, etc) + a Chairman of Board [[Give Me More Time) & Freda Payne [[Band of Gold) .... if the last 2 tracks are now registered as being HDH songs.