Was doing a little digging through my albums yesterday and pulled this one in anticipation of it's deluxe treatment [[can't wait!). This is the album that contains one of my favorite Diana singles "Gettin' Ready for Love". I always loved the jazzy, snazzy sound; reminds me a bit of "Mr. Melody" by Natalie Cole.

A few observations that I never noticed before: TWO songs are included from one Melissa Manchester. I've always loved Melissa's version of "Come in From the Rain" and never noticed before that Diana had covered it. I wonder if this was one of Carole Bayer Sager's first attempts to write without her [[then) husband?

Also [[and it seems silly): Diana pretty much has the same pose on the cover of this LP as she does her next LP, "Ross". Check out the two: yes, there are obvious differences, but look at Diana's arm [[and elbow). A question [[for maybe George?): was the artist rendering on "Ross" bootlegged from "Baby, It's Me"? Or is this one of those things I'll have to wait for the liner notes to find out, LOL.

Next: I see that [[via wiki) that Sherlie Matthews and Clydie King are credited on vocals, but Venetta Fields is not. Is this an oversight, or were all of the Blackberries on this LP?

And LASTLY: Stevie has a song included on this LP, "Too Shy To Say". Stevie was H-O-T in 1977 [[with "Sir Duke" and "I Wish" reaching #1). I wonder why this wasn't released as a single? Was it ever considered?