hello SDF,not sure if we discussed this but i was curious to see what you all thought about my query . before i start my question , i just wanted to say i am not knocking the Supremes or Diana. just wanted your opinions
on most of the supremes lps i think motown did right by the ladies but there are a few choices that left me wondering? what? who let this out?
one of them is the Supremes version of UP UP AND AWAY from Reflections lp. i really like the lp but i cant get past this track. i always thought i would have used THE HAPPENING instead as UP/AWAY seems so weak. just thought this was an odd track,although i love the origianl version by the 5th D.
there is a few tracks on the A GO GO lp that are not obviously recorded with the Funk Brothers. i can only assume that motown wanted a more pop sound on this lp but many years later.....although this lp became one of their best sellers.....i think not using the Funks was a bad idea.
my only other misfire was LET THE SUNSHINE IN. my first complaint is it is named after another 5 D hit instead of the lead single,NO MATTER WHAT SIGN YOU ARE.
the only song i like is LET THE MUSIC PLAY. the rest also seems weak to me.
do u have any misfires? just curious,thanks