[REMOVE ADS]

Motown on Shindig! collection on Youtube!

I don't know if anyone has seen this on Youtube, but someone has been kind enough to post a whole series of Shindig! performances from 1965.

Included are performances by Jr. Walker, the Vandellas, the Miracles, the Temptations, the Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Mary Wells, the Blossoms [[singing "Dancing In the Street"), the Supremes [[I think that's all of them). Enjoy before somebody takes them down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl-hfIhnmSY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0CSPw5T2xU

tight !

Awesome!!!!!!!

thanks very much,great stuff!
    Last edited by tamla617; 07-01-2012 at 06:32 PM.

This appears to be "Motor City Magic" released on VHS in 1991.I`ve had my copy transferred to DVD.I have the entire series and Marvin Gaye does 7 tracks, Brenda Holloway 4, Four Tops 4, Temptations 2, Supremes 5, Vandellas 1, Miracles 2, Jr Walker 4 and Mary Wells 2. Mary does 2 other post Motown songs and Isley Bros. are pre Motown. There are also lots of Motown covers.

But as always NO Marvelettes

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    But as always NO Marvelettes
    you beat me to the punch,copely..I was going to express this exact sentiment..
    at least there's a Marvelettes UNSUNG coming up this month..

It appears as if there is little video on the Marvelettes apart from the Motortown Revue 1963" of a "Hits" medley and "Locking Up My Heart".On Hullabaloo there is "Don`t Mess With Bill". Teen Town "Please Mr. Postman" and "Too Many Fish In The Sea".Swingin` Time Supremes Special they do "Please Mr. Postman" and "Don`t Mess With Bill".They didn`t appear on Where The Action Is or Shivaree. They must have appeared on American Bandstand but I haven`t been able to find anything yet.

smark21 Guest
    They were on American Bandstand in the early 60’s. That was the appearance where Wyanetta said Detroit was located outside of Inkster and according to Marc Taylor’s book on the Marvelettes, the people of Motown had fun at Wyanetta’s expense for that comment and she took it so hard she had to quit.

The other female Motown vocal groups each had a distinctive visual presentation, but The Marvelettes really had it going on. Too bad they didn't more television bookings so that there would be more documentation of how good they looked doing their distinctive thing.