[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: The Bluebelles

The Bluebelles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsTQt...feature=fvwrel what talent in one group!! You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanx so much for posting. Never heard this one.

that was one of their top 40 hits...#34 Hot 100 1964 on Parkway Records.

This was great. Had never seen that clip before. Patti got down to business. I still prefer when they donned their space suits and feathers...they really stirred up the funk then!

This was from a 1965 television special hosted by Murray the K titled "It's What's Happening Baby". Some performances,
    such as this one, were at the Brooklyn Fox, while others were lipsynced performances at various locations--the
    beach, etc.
    The program was to support equal opportunity while encouraging kids to stay in school. This is the same program
    that Martha & the Vandellas filmed their famous Nowhere To Run video running through the Ford auto factory
    in Detroit. Many other artists featured: Dionne Warwick, Marvin Gaye, Supremes, Mary Wells, Miracles, Little
    Anthony & Imperials, Four Tops, Temptatations, Chuck Jackson, Ronettes, etc.

They certainly must be one of the very few groups in which each member became pretty successful.

I saw a similar performance at the Uptown and Patti & nem would wreck the house! Once I peeked in their dressing room and saw Patti cooking a hotdog on a lightbulb.

lolol. Miss Patti dont play when it comes to food!

Back then when they did a show they sang standards as they had no hits such as: You'll Never Walk Alone, Danny Boy, Somewhere Over the Rainbow and then would sing Down the Aisle and I Sold My Heart to the Junkman. The latter two songs were considered old by 1965-66 but the group were still showstoppers.

revvy Guest
    They recorded this great remake of Roy Rogers and the Sons of the Pioneers called "Cool Water" which should have been their breakout hit. It is excellent and is true to the early 60s girl-group sound.

revvy-was that on Newtown? My Dad worked for the owner of that label. Good to have you here!

She never sounded flat not once! What an amazing singer even though in later years she started getting on my nerves. LOL!