[REMOVE ADS]

Reel Music P &C Records The Inside Story

I have just returned from the US after a trip that was made even more memorable by the gracious hosting of a 4 day part of the trip by Paul Williams of Reel Music and I can at last put to bed various rumours circulating regarding Paul and the future of his record label.
    Firstly neither of Paul's labels are shut down but are early being rested while Paul gets over some fairly hefty personal probelms.
    Without getting into too much detail here over the past year Paul has been hit by a sucession of personal problems not least a very close relative passing suddenly leaving Paul in not too good a place as far as is health was concerned. He has also been let down very badly business wise by a few colleagues in the music industry leaving Reel Music not one of his most important worries over the past twelve months.
    Paul has given me special leave to post these details here as he doesn't want to the subject of any 'gossip' that is simply not true but has suggested to me that Reel Music WILL be back and that the two oustanding Motown projects namely Ivy Jo and Blinky Williams are still very much in the forefront of his mind for release while he regroups and recoups.
    As for P&C Records and forthcoming relelases noted here elsewhere this is a deal between Paul and a label he is currently associated with Traffic Entertainment who have taken over a few of Paul's non Motown releases for the coming year and to all intents and purposes these will remain Paul's releases just released by a different company albeit exactly as Paul would have done on his own, this leaves Paul free to concentrate on getting better and taking up the mantle of releasing wonderful Motown product again as soon as possible.
    In the meantime like I am sure most of you guys do I would personally wish Paul a speedy recovery from all that ails him and know with the support of all of his friends that it will happen and soon.

Good to know. We all wish Paul a great recovery.

Yes, thank you very much for sharing this info. Take care and take the time you need to recover, Paul. Here's hoping we'll see you back on the boards soon!

RossHolloway Guest
    That is a bit of good news

Thank you for sharing this info with us. My best goes out to Paul.

Thank you Paul for this news. My very best wishes to Paul Williams and a very speedy recovery. Wow Ivy Jo and Blinky back on track I`m starting to fizz. There I was thinking how bleak the future was looking for unreleased product.

Thank you Paul Nixon. I'll be keeping Paul Williams in my thoughts and prayers. Losing family members is tough. It took me a couple of years to function normally after my youngest brother suddenly died.

It's been said that good things come to those who wait and i'm sure the wait will be worth it. In the meantime, I wish you only the best Mr. Williams and thanks acknowledging Blinky and Ivy Jo regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    ...In the meantime like...
    ....!!!!

...I know Paul was struggling a little caring for his relative ...even when Reel Music was releasing those wonderful Motown CDs ...family and one's own health are far more important ...I wish Paul every happiness for the future ...and ask that we keep him in our thoughts and prayers

Keep this post going!

A big "good health" to Paul Williams. Glad to hear that things are getting better. Let's all hope the news stays good. Forget the music for a minute, just wish the guy well! And thanks Paul for the news!!

All the best,

Martin

I hear that Reel Music is reissuing Thelma Houston's MoWest album sometime this year

No, Reel Music are not. It's another company who are doing so.

Rudy - you heard that as well

It's now official, Thelma's MoWest album is being issued by David Nathan via Soul Music.

Preparing for October, our Motown-themed month at SoulMusic Records!

– the much in-demand MoWest album by the internationally known songstress, THELMA HOUSTON featuring both the U.S. and U.K. versions alongside another four bonus tracks for a total of [[19) cuts from this soulful singer, appearing for the first time on CD

Have any dates been mentioned by Reel?

John, with Reel seeing is believing!

Is it just me or has the whole look of SDF changed, suddenly my PC is making the whole site look very different - it could just be me but it;s weird...