[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

How veteran bands can use the net to keep fans hooked

Interesting article. Ms. M might find it of interest.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture...an-fans-hooked

Great article. The classic groups are often way behind on this. EWF has a solid website, The Spinners official site has 2010 concert dates as the latest and latest members without pictures. The O'Jays used to have a site, I think that's now gone.

Think about this regarding that excellent article [[thanks for the link): Duran Duran's peak of popularity was less than a decade after the peak of The O'Jays and Spinners peak of popularity yet they figured out social media and the prior two groups did not. I understand that group members of The O'Jays and Spinners are much older, but still, can't they hire someone to do their websites?

Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    Great article. The classic groups are often way behind on this. EWF has a solid website, The Spinners official site has 2010 concert dates as the latest and latest members without pictures. The O'Jays used to have a site, I think that's now gone.

Think about this regarding that excellent article [[thanks for the link): Duran Duran's peak of popularity was less than a decade after the peak of The O'Jays and Spinners peak of popularity yet they figured out social media and the prior two groups did not. I understand that group members of The O'Jays and Spinners are much older, but still, can't they hire someone to do their websites?
    In spite of "Popularity Peakness", consider this.... The O'Jays and Spinners BEGAN how many years before Duran Duran. Right there you have a built in technology gap..... Now add, "What are the ages and what is the technical acumen of the people who are [[A.) managing/guiding these Iconic soul acts......and [[B.)their Original Fans?"

I feel your last statement....but...If they can't hire someone...[[Everyone doesn't have a "Duran Duran" goddess.....maybe someone could volunteer to help them......not sure what reception they would receive....but surely worth the try....IMHO.

Finally..... Thirty years ago, I could not have pictured the CSM writing an article about Duran Duran or this subject..... thx for posting.