[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Odd that this would be included in their promotion for the Rrazz:

2009 marked the 23rd Anniversary of The FLOS.

Wouldn't "2011 marked the 25th Anniversary of the FLOS." be more appropriate? Looks like a cut and paste job, probably from Wiki. Outside of this date and Belgium, mentioned above, there is no other dates found as to where they are playing. Certainly they must have more than 2 gigs for the rest of 2012? Maybe not? Either way, these ladies deserve better promotion.

Other than the show they did with Diane, the FLOS have never played New York. There are plenty venues to play here, but for some reason they have never been booked.

Maybe the reason is more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Maybe the reason is more obvious.
    Well I asked Lynda about that once and all she said was that their name was not big enough to get bookings in New York City.

Yep. As Mary and Diana continue to tour and sing Supreme songs,its kind of like whats the point of the Flos. They dont sing like the Supremes, use different arrangements of the songs and as I said were Supremes for four years total.

Yep. As Mary and Diana continue to tour and sing Supreme songs,its kind of like whats the point of the Flos. They dont sing like the Supremes, use different arrangements of the songs and as I said were Supremes for four years total.
    If there were no FLOS what would you and your BFF marv2 have to giggle and gossip about? For people who dont seem to care about the FLOS, you both sure spend a lot of time talking about them. You and marv2 have contributed more than anyone else to this thread.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    If there were no FLOS what would you and your BFF marv2 have to giggle and gossip about? For people who dont seem to care about the FLOS, you both sure spend a lot of time talking about them. You and marv2 have contributed more than anyone else to this thread.

Roberta
    It's just some bizarre jealousy.

The equivalent type of posting is about Diana and RTL. And the equivalent about Mary is living in a mortgaged house with her kids and playing before 150 people at times.

In the end, so what?

The ladies are aging; the crowds are thinning for them all, even for Diana. For the rest of them, they need to associate with Diana to make much money. And the days of a lengthy tour are gone; they are all too old for it. And Diana won't go anywhere with any of them.

So, if the FLOS are fizzled, they are all fizzled and need to bask in a reflected glory of another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

Roberta
    Look man, this thread was started by someone else and was at the top of the list when I signed on. I and anyone else are allowed to post in it. Get it? I don't think you do, but we can respond to any thread that's public. Now go find a nice verse in your Bible to dwell on for today.........
    Last edited by marv2; 10-24-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It's just some bizarre jealousy.

The equivalent type of posting is about Diana and RTL. And the equivalent about Mary is living in a mortgaged house with her kids and playing before 150 people at times.

In the end, so what?

The ladies are aging; the crowds are thinning for them all, even for Diana. For the rest of them, they need to associate with Diana to make much money. And the days of a lengthy tour are gone; they are all too old for it. And Diana won't go anywhere with any of them.

So, if the FLOS are fizzled, they are all fizzled and need to bask in a reflected glory of another time.
    Ah Rob cut it out. It's embarassing to see/read you carrying on this way. The Flo's career may just be at a stand still for the moment, no biggie. Why do you and Roberta make such a big deal out of nothing is beyond me.

Well, Mary Wilson is the only one still touring to be accurate. Idonn't know or care what Diane is doing anymore. But I think you are right about what's the point? I mean you do have many other tribute acts out there including Kaaren Ragland's SOS group. I wonder how they are doing with bookings in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    And lo and behold it came to pass that a holy man fell into a deep sleep and dreamt that the Lord God appeared unto him.

God said to him, "I can see that thou art sorely troubled. As thou hast led a righteous life, I will answer three questions for thee."

The holy man thought for a moment, then asked, "Will word poverty ever be eradicated?".
    "Not in your lifetime", said God.

"Will there ever be Peace on Earth between nations?"
    "Not in your children's lifetime," God sadly replied.

"Will the fighting between the Supremes' fans ever end?"
    God sighed and answered "Not in My lifetime."
    The entries on this page prove the point I was making above. It's time to move on and let bygones be bygones.

Seems like there's folks who would only consider Mary, Diana and Florence as the only Supremes that matter while the "FLOS" are nothing... that's what I'm getting from some posts. I don't get it, I mean are the FLOS not supposed to make a living?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Seems like there's folks who would only consider Mary, Diana and Florence as the only Supremes that matter while the "FLOS" are nothing... that's what I'm getting from some posts. I don't get it, I mean are the FLOS not supposed to make a living?
    Who's stopping the FLO's from making a living?

The FLOS did well for years and made a living and had a following. Good job for them. They also stayed together a lot longer than any group of Supremes or the Supremes period.

All they ever did that annoyed 10 rabid Mary Wilson fans was purportedly take bookings away from Mary [[which might have been possible at times), join Diana for RTL and be friendly and supportive with Diana. A dozen other tribute groups may have competed with all of them for work and lots of people only wanted to see Diana or Mary anyway.

The real fly in the ointment for fans and especially for that small core of Mary Wilson fans is that with the fuck ups over every get together of Supremes and there were only two legitimate attempts, it just chased Diana away from it all and we [[and Mary) get nothing .

We would take even a Beach Boys scrap of a tour or 4 dates from the Rolling Stone but at 68, there is nothing in it for Diana and the deal is done.

What's so odd is that Mary really doesn't appear to give much of a damn anymore either; just some overly committed fans [[two of them on SD!) remain with their hurt feelings.

revvy Guest
    Let's be real here. Considering the entire Supremes legacy including Berry, the Motown "machine", HDH, the Funk Brothers, Maxine Powell, Cholly, Mackie/Travis, countless producers and assistants, Scherrie and Lynda account for about 1% and .5% respectively. Nothing against them personally, they are both formidable singers and seem like very nice ladies. They had to consider there would be a backlash from the fans for going out in Mary and Cindy's places in RTL. I wish them well but, based on what I have seen on youtube, I'm not rushing out to buy tickets or to travel anywhere to see them perform. On the other hand, I would have paid the top ticket price to see Diana, Mary and Cindy at more than one venue had they gone out together. That was an enormous money-making opportunity, but greed and ego got in the way. Shame on Diana and the promoters...and let's not forget, she never atoned for it. That's what kind of hurts [[for me anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The FLOS did well for years and made a living and had a following. Good job for them. They also stayed together a lot longer than any group of Supremes or the Supremes period.

All they ever did that annoyed 10 rabid Mary Wilson fans was purportedly take bookings away from Mary [[which might have been possible at times), join Diana for RTL and be friendly and supportive with Diana. A dozen other tribute groups may have competed with all of them for work and lots of people only wanted to see Diana or Mary anyway.

The real fly in the ointment for fans and especially for that small core of Mary Wilson fans is that with the fuck ups over every get together of Supremes and there were only two legitimate attempts, it just chased Diana away from it all and we [[and Mary) get nothing .

We would take even a Beach Boys scrap of a tour or 4 dates from the Rolling Stone but at 68, there is nothing in it for Diana and the deal is done.

What's so odd is that Mary really doesn't appear to give much of a damn anymore either; just some overly committed fans [[two of them on SD!) remain with their hurt feelings.
    You are mistakened. No one that I personally know [[that were not at the rooftop concert at the Ponchitrain Hotel in Detroit in 1990),has ever seen the FLO's in concert anywhere. They perform mostly overseas. I have never known them to take any bookings away from Mary Wilson and I follow her career pretty closely. They do not play the same venues nor is their activity level anywhere near that of Mary Wilson's. You are confused. They more or less compete with the tribute acts such as Kaaren Ragland's "Sounds of the Supremes".

Diane Ross is retired or may as well be as far as the public in the United States is concerned. She can't even get a television spot now that the Oprah Winfrey Show is off the air. She'll have to do something controversial like another DUI arrest or something similar to get her name in the press. The calling of paparazzi everytime she goes grocery shopping is wearing thin. She only tours sporadically and there is just not much interest in her outside of her hardcore fan base anymore. However, Mary nor Diane have anything to do with why folks feel that the FLO's have fizzled. They never even POPPED in this country so fizzling out will not make headlines sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by revvy View Post
    Let's be real here. Considering the entire Supremes legacy including Berry, the Motown "machine", HDH, the Funk Brothers, Maxine Powell, Cholly, Mackie/Travis, countless producers and assistants, Scherrie and Lynda account for about 1% and .5% respectively. Nothing against them personally, they are both formidable singers and seem like very nice ladies. They had to consider there would be a backlash from the fans for going out in Mary and Cindy's places in RTL. I wish them well but, based on what I have seen on youtube, I'm not rushing out to buy tickets or to travel anywhere to see them perform. On the other hand, I would have paid the top ticket price to see Diana, Mary and Cindy at more than one venue had they gone out together. That was an enormous money-making opportunity, but greed and ego got in the way. Shame on Diana and the promoters...and let's not forget, she never atoned for it. That's what kind of hurts [[for me anyway).
    Another thoughful and intelligent summary of what the real deal is. Diane will atone for it later. Scherrie and Lynda never found their audience, at least not here in the U.S.
    I love Scherrie and always felt that she should have remained a solo artist once the Supremes disbanded 35 years ago.......
    Last edited by marv2; 10-27-2012 at 07:17 PM.