[REMOVE ADS]

Smile Donna Summer - Carry On

Years ago when I bought the Donna Summer Anthology I discovered this song, "Carry On" for the first time. I didn't pay any further attention to it other than I loved it when I heard it. Then I began to dig and wondered how I missed that one and never heard it on the radio, clubs, etc. Everytime back in the 70s I always would think how is she going to top that one? But she always did. Carry On surprises me due to the fact that it was first released in 1992 on a Giorgio Moroder album, the first time he and Donna had collaborated in ten years. Then it was released in the US in 1997 and won the Grammy for Best Dance Recording in 1998, the first year for that category. I had thought they always had a "Best Dance" category...but I no longer read Billboard so what did I know. I read somewhere that this was released here on Atlantic records but also see that it was actually released on Interhit records, whom I never heard of. It looks like a one time effort with Moroder and Summer but regardless a fantastic song. Wiki states that it reached #25 here but I can't believe I had never heard it before. Anyone know any other history on this or got airplay/clubplay in your area? Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_[[song)

This is one of my favourite songs from her! I heard it for the first time when I bought the 2 CD "Gold" set a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    This is one of my favourite songs from her! I heard it for the first time when I bought the 2 CD "Gold" set a few years back.
    Donna Summer Anthology [[out of print but available on amazon) and Gold are the best cd's out there on her.