[REMOVE ADS]

"Heatwave" 2012 remix...what do you think?

smark21 Guest
    Bleh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lasted 30 seconds before turning to a link from American Dreams that had a group singing as the Vandellas to the original track. Remixes never have worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    I prefer hearing the unmixed beautiful voice of the first Lady of Motown, Miss Martha Reeves.

Martha's voice is pure perfection and personifies the Motown sound.

May God continue to bless Miss Martha Reeves.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    ... Remixes never have worked for me.
    Me too. I got the Motown Re-Mixes and listened to them a few times and that was it. I leave them and then go back to the original. Getting a bit off subject, I found one recent exception. The Tom Moulton Philadelphia International Remixes are exceptional. They are so good that I have replaced the some original recordings with the remixes on my Favorites Playlist.

Dang, I wouldn't even call that mess a remix...It's just a sampled loop of Martha's first two lines in the song over some
    faux island type of synth instrumental...it's no better than what occurs in most hip hop...

This classic did not need re-mixing