[REMOVE ADS]

Tommy Chong reveals that he's fighting prostate cancer

They were on Motown right?!

Tommy Chong has cancer

D.I.S.H.
    Classic stoner-comic Tommy Chong reveals that he's fighting prostate cancer

June 11, 2012

Comedy legend Tommy Chong has cancer.

CNN reports that the comic, one-half of the legendary stoner duo "Cheech and Chong," has revealed that he was diagnosed over a month ago with stage one prostate cancer.

Chong, who has starred in a number of hit Hollywood films with co-star and former partner Cheech Marin since the 1970s, alleges he first saw signs of his illness during a 9-month prison sentence at Taft Correctional Institution in California, almost 8 years ago.

"The prison is built on toxic waste. I also got gout from the food there," he says.

The actor and marijuana activist says he's treating his cancer with pot and doesn't believe his use of the drug contributed in any way to his getting sick.

"I've got prostate cancer, and I'm treating it with hemp oil, with cannabis. So [legalizing marijuana] means a lot more to me than just being able to smoke a joint without being arrested," Chong says.

The funnyman adds that he spent 3 years drug free. "So I know [the cancer] had nothing to do with cannabis. Cannabis is a cure."

Chong says he quit smoking marijuana a year ago and treats his cancer with hemp oil which he only takes at night "So I won't be woozy all day."

[[Photo by PR Photos)

Stage I cancers are so rare and of good prognosis that some experts believe they may not even require treatment for cure.

Tommy Chong was part of the Vancouvers

Thanks Hitsville; you are making me think I've got memory loss starting. I knew there was some Motown connection.