[REMOVE ADS]

Bobby Womack Celebration Thread

With all of the junk out there today, it's easy for some of us to forget that some of our favorite soul men are still around. This clip I know is a few years old but it's one I have never seen until today and frankly
    it knocked me the funk out. I had been actually researching Altrinna Grayson from her work with Bohannon and was floored by the support she gave Bobby on this London tour. Dang, i'd have loved to be in that audience. Right up front....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CRnWw0V7w&NR=1

There's always been lots of junk music, which very subjective. There's junk from every musical era. But, yeah, I like Bobby Womack. He is an underrated guitarist and songwriter. I do prefer his early 70s period.

thanks Splank...that was good.......

Bobby Womack, along with Al Green, was one of the last of the classic soul men. He made some great records for the Minit label in the late sixties [["More Than I Can Stand" is one of my all time favorites) and for United Artists in the first half of the seventies. His records were not as consistent after that, but there were always some very soulful and inspired moments.
    Last edited by Nothing But Soul; 06-11-2012 at 08:53 PM.

My Jazz and Pop loving Grandmother and Aunt loved Harry Hippie big time.

Most Def underappreciated and Unsung [[haven't seen the whole episode yet). My first song....and probably the one I still play the most is "Looking For A Love". That guitar is soooooo ahead of its time.