[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Reel Music

Reel Music

It seems that http://www.myreelmusic.com/ has been taken over by someone who is retaining the name but changing the slant.

I think you followed a wrong link, but there are several companies with the name "Reel Music". However, I also cannot find the one that was issuing CD reissues of R&B music.

This is, unfortunately, the nature of the indie reissue record biz here in the U.S.. Something gets going for two, three good years, and if it is unprofitable, they fold, or a new owner comes in and decides to go a different direction. Rhino was the last independent U.S. record label that truly cared about R&B, and they were swallowed up by The Warner Group.

As Soulster said it's the wrong link. The Reel Music site has now gone

I don't really think that's the case. The link that I posted was the one I'd saved to my favorites. It always led to Reel Music [[when it was in business), then to the interim Domain name available site. Now the link leads to this [[3rd) site.

Well, I think it's safe to say Reel Music, as we knew it, is gone. I can't find it.

PJ1, trust me. 'Our' Reel Music has gone - forever

This was the link I had bookmarked.

http://www.myreelmusic.com/home.html
    Last edited by copley; 06-09-2012 at 05:47 AM.

That's sad. How are we going to free Blinky now?

I don't know. Am still trying my hardest to get people interested but it's not easy

Thanks, but I never indicated anywhere that I thought that Reel Music [[as we once knew it) was still in business . The link that I had saved brought me to one site; the link that another had saved merely showed a different result. Perhaps I should have asked if others had come to the site I did whenever I clicked on the saved link.

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Thanks, but I never indicated anywhere that I thought that Reel Music [[as we once knew it) was still in business . The link that I had saved brought me to one site; the link that another had saved merely showed a different result. Perhaps I should have asked if others had come to the site I did whenever I clicked on the saved link.
    Well, I also checked my link and others, and came up with the same conclusion. It's sad. What's even sadder is that Reel Music's CDs had good sound quality, unlike bbr/Cherry red, which hypes the sound. Wounded Bird was a bit better in the sound department, but not anymore.