[REMOVE ADS]

R.I.P. George Marino

Legendary mastering engineer George Marino has died after a year long bout with lung cancer. A three-time Grammy Award winner, Marino landed his first job in the industry as a tape librarian at Capitol Studios in 1967, then apprenticed in the mastering department. When Capitol closed it's New York studio, he joined the fledgling Record Plant, eventually becoming a partner in the recording-mastering studio, before heading to Sterling Sound in 1973. At Sterling Sound, Marino mastered hundreds of classic albums including Stevie Wonder's "Innervisions", John Lennon & Yoko Ono's "Double Fantasy", Whitney Houston's "Whitney", AC/DC's "Highway To Hell", Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" and Coldplay's "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" which won the 2011 Grammy for Album of the Year. His age was not immediately available.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmike View Post
    Legendary mastering engineer George Marino has died after a year long bout with lung cancer. A three-time Grammy Award winner, Marino landed his first job in the industry as a tape librarian at Capitol Studios in 1967, then apprenticed in the mastering department. When Capitol closed it's New York studio, he joined the fledgling Record Plant, eventually becoming a partner in the recording-mastering studio, before heading to Sterling Sound in 1973. At Sterling Sound, Marino mastered hundreds of classic albums including Stevie Wonder's "Innervisions", John Lennon & Yoko Ono's "Double Fantasy", Whitney Houston's "Whitney", AC/DC's "Highway To Hell", Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" and Coldplay's "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" which won the 2011 Grammy for Album of the Year. His age was not immediately available.
    Mr. Marino is home at last and free from pain. He mastered here on earth and is now with our heavenly master, Jesus Christ.

We pray for his family in their time of sadness during your mortal loss, for the fabric of your life has been torn, but the one who loves us all best has now taken George Martin to be with him in full healt forever.

Nothing can keep his love from you [[Romans 8:38)

Roberta

R.I.P., George.

I have a lot of his work in my collection. He mostly did rock titles.

If George indeed started his career in 1967, yet won a Grammy award as recently in 2011, he fully deserves to be remembered as 'legendary' in his field. RIP.

I remember George from The sterling Sound days. A great Engineer. RIP George