[REMOVE ADS]

My interview with George Solomon re: "Jean Terrell Years" finally online!

Folks...My "Nightflight" interview with George Solomon from over a year ago on "This Is the Story:The Jean Terrell Years" is finally online...at the WOMR website. Go to www.womr.org and click on "spoken word" podcasts on the left side menu. You should be able to download or merely listen....give the file a little time to download. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks! John

Great MJ

Thanks for sharing this. Will play it at the office today as I pay my orgs. June bills.

I listened to John's interview with George Solomon and found it to be totally interesting and informative. I understand that space constrictions on the www.womr.org site dictates that podcasts can only be posted for a limited time, so don't put off listening for too long!
    Last edited by R. Mark Desjardins; 06-01-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks for telling us. When any other ones come up, let's post about it. I believe I listened to Jean but I missed the most recent Andy/George.

Great show!

Very surprised at this interview as well and his comments like:

Two of the most popular Supremes songs on radio are Nothing But Heartaches and Love is Like an Itching in My Heart.

That Diana is on the Jean Terrell version of Time and Love and you can hear her voice bleed through in one section.

That Remember Me, Reach Out and Touch, and Everybody's Got the Right to Love all charted much higher in Record World and Cashbox than Billboard; that Reach Out and Touch went to #1 R & B in Record World; that Up the Ladder to the Roof sold like a #1 Record but only made #10 in Billboard; and Up the Ladder to the Roof has singers other than Mary and Cindy on it as do many cuts on each of the first 3 albums.

He also says there is another Mary lead around from 1968/1969, done by Deke Richards.